Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chevy to Recall Over 4,000 Cars

"DETROIT — General Motors Co. is recalling more than 4,000 of its 2012
Chevrolet Sonic subcompact cars to check for missing brake pads."

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/30/chevy-to-recall-over-4000-cars-to-check-for-missing-brakes/#ixzz1i31hpQLT

Let me think...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote the following:
"DETROIT — General Motors Co. is recalling more than 4,000 of its 2012
Chevrolet Sonic subcompact cars to check for missing brake pads."

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/30/chevy-to-recall-over-4000-cars-to-check-for-missing-brakes/#ixzz1i31hpQLT

Let me think...

I can't think right now. There is a screeching noise coming from my car
when I brake.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 30, 12:28*pm, willshak wrote:
Oren wrote the following:

"DETROIT — General Motors Co. is recalling more than 4,000 of its 2012
Chevrolet Sonic subcompact cars to check for missing brake pads."

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/30/chevy-to-recall-over-4000-c....

Let me think...

I can't think right now. There is a screeching noise coming from my car
when I brake.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

I suspect you will find the screeching coming from your passengers.

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:30:21 -0500, "
wrote:

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 19:36:42 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Dec 30, 12:28Â*pm, willshak wrote:
Oren wrote the following:

"DETROIT €” General Motors Co. is recalling more than 4,000 of its 2012
Chevrolet Sonic subcompact cars to check for missing brake pads."

Read mo
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/12/30/chevy-to-recall-over-4000-c...

Let me think...

I can't think right now. There is a screeching noise coming from my car
when I brake.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

I suspect you will find the screeching coming from your passengers.

Who told them that there were no brake pads?

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...ng-brake-pads/

--Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2012-01-01, Vic Smith wrote:

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...ng-brake-pads/

I'm still waiting for the other brake shoe to drop.

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers? Oh wait!.... made in Mexico
where workers are afraid they may be killed if they say/do/blink?

Not the first time an American car manufacturer has put $$$ ahead of
human lives.

nb

--
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 Jan 2012 01:25:56 GMT, notbob wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?

UAW union workers visit the local park space on break.. smoke joints
and have drinks of Colt-45? GM (government motors)?

Say it ani't so...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,

On 2012-01-01, Vic Smith wrote:

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...sonics-for-mis
sing-brake-pads/

I'm still waiting for the other brake shoe to drop.

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers? Oh wait!.... made in Mexico
where workers are afraid they may be killed if they say/do/blink?

Not the first time an American car manufacturer has put $$$ ahead of
human lives.

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 08:33:43 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers?

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers?

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.

Take them out behind the factory and shoot them like the Chinese.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers?

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.

The UAW wouldn't stand for a firing. (note that the FedEx guy who heaved
the flat screen TV over the fence was "taken off route duty.")

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, firing squad would put a stop to that. Might brake a few laws.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"pseudonym" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.

Take them out behind the factory and shoot them like the Chinese.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/12 10:01 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers?

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.

I have not yet heard how this happened. Did these vehicles come off the
assembly line with brake pads missing, or did the bond between the
friction material and the backing plate fail, or ...?

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 10:27:27 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 01/03/12 10:01 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers?

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.

I have not yet heard how this happened. Did these vehicles come off the
assembly line with brake pads missing, or did the bond between the
friction material and the backing plate fail, or ...?

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/111239995

--Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers?

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.

LMAO! about as likely to fire a UAW worker as you are to fire a teacher.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/04/12 09:02 pm, Steve Barker wrote:

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? Illegal workers?

nb

"Affected models are from the Orion Township, Mich., assembly plant."

Someone should be fired for that one.

LMAO! about as likely to fire a UAW worker as you are to fire a teacher.

I'm not sure that we can blame UAW workers for this. As I have recently
been informed, the brake pads were preinstalled on subassemblies shipped
from Korea, where they had presumably been inspected before being
shipped to the US assembly plant. But some brake pads fell off during
shipping. Perhaps nobody had expected such things to occur in shipping,
and nobody had given instructions that these subassemblies were to be
inspected again: management problem, not UAW problem.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/111239995

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:20:58 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I'm not sure that we can blame UAW workers for this. As I have recently
been informed, the brake pads were preinstalled on subassemblies shipped
from Korea, where they had presumably been inspected before being
shipped to the US assembly plant.

Another good reason to buy an All American Chevy and Apple Pie.
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On 2012-01-01, Vic Smith wrote:

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...-chevy-sonics-...

I'm still waiting for the other brake shoe to drop.

Jes how does a car make it off the assy line minus a brake pad?
Disgruntled employee? *Illegal workers? *Oh wait!.... made in Mexico
where workers are afraid they may be killed if they say/do/blink?

Not the first time an American car manufacturer has put $$$ ahead of
human lives.

How would it make it through PDI at the dealership...?!?!?!?!!?
wouldn't someone notice, hey, there's this massive grinding noise when
I step on the brakes, something might be wrong here?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Steve Barker wrote:
...snipped...
it would seem like common sense to look at the sub assembly you are
installing. But , oh wait, oh yeah, we're dealing with union workers.
"not my job". worthless fockers.

I've had to deal with many union "workers" who fit your description. In
this instance, however, it's quite possible that there are no humans
involved in the installation of the defective brakes or that the brake
pads are not visible in the assemblies handled by the installers. It very
well could be a management or design problem. I've hade to deal with
plenty of those, too.

Old Chevy Question Steve B[_10_] Metalworking 4 July 31st 10 07:20 PM
OT -- Small Cars Are Dangerous Cars - Fuel economy zealots can kill you Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 50 May 2nd 09 06:59 AM
Are Chevy Duramaxes stronger than Ram? Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Metalworking 0 January 25th 09 06:47 PM
Weight chevy 350 mohavv Metalworking 1 May 19th 08 01:36 PM
Chevy drain plug David Courtney Metalworking 0 April 6th 08 05:00 PM