Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator handle and shelf brackets

I've just got a used refrigerator. Sears, made by Kenmore. Came missing the
refrig door handle, and the three brackets for the shelves.

My parts house wants $29 for the handle, and about $28 each for the shelf
brackets. I can probably build something, but prefer to keep it closer to
original.

I've tried one wrecking yard, and one appliance place (reccomended by my
wholesale house counter man). No joy. Ebay has the parts, for about the same
price.

Any other ideas? I'deally, I'd like to keep the unit as original as
possible, but I'm rapidly running out of choices.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 7:30*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've just got a used refrigerator. Sears, made by Kenmore. Came missing the
refrig door handle, and the three brackets for the shelves.

My parts house wants $29 for the handle, and about $28 each for the shelf
brackets. I can probably build something, but prefer to keep it closer to
original.

I've tried one wrecking yard, and one appliance place (reccomended by my
wholesale house counter man). No joy. Ebay has the parts, for about the same
price.

Any other ideas? I'deally, I'd like to keep the unit as original as
possible, but I'm rapidly running out of choices.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

For what they want for the parts, you might be able to buy a scrap
refrigerator from a resale place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"would you like french fries, and a free refrigerator with that handle?"

Sad, but very possible.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"hr(bob) " wrote in message

For what they want for the parts, you might be able to buy a scrap
refrigerator from a resale place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
I've just got a used refrigerator. Sears, made by Kenmore. Came missing
the
refrig door handle, and the three brackets for the shelves.

My parts house wants $29 for the handle, and about $28 each for the shelf
brackets. I can probably build something, but prefer to keep it closer to
original.

I've tried one wrecking yard, and one appliance place (reccomended by my
wholesale house counter man). No joy. Ebay has the parts, for about the
same
price.

Any other ideas? I'deally, I'd like to keep the unit as original as
possible, but I'm rapidly running out of choices.

Look for an appliance recycler near you
Sort of like a car part recycler
But I doubt that you will be saving that much when you factor in your time
and effort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not sure I've heard of such a thing. But, I'll make a few phone calls,
and look in the phone book. See what comes to light.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Attila.Iskander" wrote in message

Look for an appliance recycler near you
Sort of like a car part recycler
But I doubt that you will be saving that much when you factor in your time
and effort.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mine's a frezer on top, so the parts probably won't interchange. Sounds like
almost an offer, which is very kind of you.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message

What do the brackets look like. I have all of the parts from a WP side
by side. I also have a WP handle, the D shaped one about 18" long.

Shelf Brackets ? the_constructor[_2_] UK diy 12 September 28th 09 10:48 PM
Shelf Brackets louisxiv UK diy 9 December 6th 06 09:04 AM
Shelf brackets Dave UK diy 0 April 1st 06 11:21 PM
B&Q Shelf brackets. Clint Sharp UK diy 2 January 3rd 05 11:45 AM