Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot Roof

"gregz" wrote in message
"Justin Time" wrote:
Anyone every hear about a "Hot Roof" insulation? Any experience?
Feedback?

Thanks

Are you talking about a reflective foil ?

Greg

This
http://www.airtightinsulationpa.com/...5/Default.aspx

and this http://www.structuretech1.com/tag/hot-roof/

and more if you Google "Hot Roof"

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin Time" wrote in message

"gregz" wrote in message
"Justin Time" wrote:
Anyone every hear about a "Hot Roof" insulation? Any experience?
Feedback?

Thanks

Are you talking about a reflective foil ?

Greg

This
http://www.airtightinsulationpa.com/...5/Default.aspx

and this http://www.structuretech1.com/tag/hot-roof/

The second link was inneresting, an inneresting take on the shingle issue.
I think there are quite a variety of spray-type foams used.

Ultimately, the issue is circulating air. Trapped air, otoh, is supposedly
one of the best insulators, so theoretically, crumpled up newspaper should
be pretty serviceable.

I think, tho, that an inch or two of circulating air, and THEN insulation is
proly the best marriage, roofing-wise.
Of course, if this is not already designed in, it's proly water under the
bridge, BUT if a new roof were to be put on, an extra (gapped) layer of
plywood proly wouldn't be too hard to execute.
--
EA

and more if you Google "Hot Roof"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/21/2011 2:54 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message
"Justin wrote:
[...]

What in the world does "proly" mean? It's not English, another language
maybe?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message
"Justin wrote:
[...]

Proly = Proberbly.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message
"Justin wrote:
[...]

LOL. I'd ask what Proberbly means but I think I have it figured out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message

"Justin wrote:
[...]

*******ized spelling of words existed on The Net before texting appeared
and completely destroyed The English language. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

This http://www.airtightinsulationpa.com/...tedHotRoofSyst...

and this *http://www.structuretech1.com/tag/hot-roof/

and more if you Google "Hot Roof"

Common practice in Europe/UK.
But called "warm roof" if you want to Google for information.
Brief explanation here.
http://www.thenbs.com/topics/Constru...nstruction.asp
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message

"Justin wrote:
[...]

Quite right Duf. Examples
Color
armor
plow
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message

"Justin wrote:
[...]

Lawyer I knew, who often made spelling mistakes, liked to quote Mark Twain:

"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/22/2011 1:04 PM, harry wrote:

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message

"Justin wrote:
[...]

Naa, I'm referring to Norm Crosby, king of malapropisms, type stuff. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oMDNc54eHw

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message

"Justin wrote:
[...]

And, the very real reality is, that 99% of the Merkin Pubic would not pick
up on ANY of that....
Which ultimately explains our current state of affairs.
Funny video, tho
--
EA

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message

"Justin wrote:
[...]

I remember a very brite kid in 7th grade, who spelled some complicated word
5 different ways in his little report, hoping one of them would be "right".
He was publically excoriated by the asshole teacher.

I'd vote for phonetic, but then we'd be like Africa or sumpn, with a zillion
untranslatable dialects.
As it is, we're already stuck with Snoop Dog et al.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message

"Justin wrote:
[...]

His standup routines were a riot when he was a regular on TV shows years
ago and like a lot of great old comedians, he was hysterically
funny without using foul language. When listening to him, you'd find
yourself thinking, "What did he just say?" ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Justin *wrote in message

*wrote in message

"Justin *wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

That ad wouldn't work over here!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

I remember a very brite kid in 7th grade, who spelled some complicated
word 5 different ways in his little report, hoping one of them would be
"right". He was publically excoriated by the asshole teacher.

I'd vote for phonetic, but then we'd be like Africa or sumpn, with a
zillion untranslatable dialects.
As it is, we're already stuck with Snoop Dog et al.
--
EA

Venturing within the Internet for many years has already displayed the
limited spelling and grammar education by most. Simply put, not much we can
do about it.

I would prefer members in newsgroups learn how to snip/delete/cut/etc.
previous replies when they reply. Nothing more aggravating than scrolling
through the entire body of replies continuously only to discover the last
reply contains two words.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/23/2011 4:56 PM, Justin Time wrote:
Venturing within the Internet for many years has already displayed the
limited spelling and grammar education by most. Simply put, not much we can
do about it.

Spending too much time on usenet over the years, but using spell check,
has helped me learn how to spell lot's of stuff I didn't learn while
screwing off in English class in high school.

I would prefer members in newsgroups learn how to snip/delete/cut/etc.
previous replies when they reply. Nothing more aggravating than scrolling
through the entire body of replies continuously only to discover the last
reply contains two words.

Too many people are just too damn lazy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 24, 2:42*am, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 12/23/2011 4:56 PM, Justin Time wrote:

Venturing within the Internet for many years has already displayed the
limited spelling and grammar education by most. Simply put, not much we can
do about it.

Spending too much time on usenet over the years, but using spell check,
has helped me learn how to spell lot's of stuff I didn't learn while
screwing off in English class in high school.

I would prefer members in newsgroups learn how to snip/delete/cut/etc.
previous replies when they reply. Nothing more aggravating than scrolling
through the entire body of replies continuously only to discover the last
reply contains two words.

Too many people are just too damn lazy.

Some portals do all that automatically. If you use Google groups for
example.
I expect it's those people are the culprits, they never see all the
stuff you manually snip unless they want to.