Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default Hot Roof

"Tony wrote in message
On 12/21/2011 2:54 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
"Justin wrote in message

wrote in message
"Justin wrote:
Anyone every hear about a "Hot Roof" insulation? Any experience?
Feedback?

Thanks

Are you talking about a reflective foil ?

Greg

This
http://www.airtightinsulationpa.com/...5/Default.aspx

and this http://www.structuretech1.com/tag/hot-roof/

The second link was inneresting, an inneresting take on the shingle
issue.
I think there are quite a variety of spray-type foams used.

Ultimately, the issue is circulating air. Trapped air, otoh, is
supposedly
one of the best insulators, so theoretically, crumpled up newspaper
should
be pretty serviceable.

I think, tho, that an inch or two of circulating air, and THEN insulation
is
proly the best marriage, roofing-wise.
Of course, if this is not already designed in, it's proly water under the
bridge, BUT if a new roof were to be put on, an extra (gapped) layer of
plywood proly wouldn't be too hard to execute.

What in the world does "proly" mean? It's not English, another language
maybe?

Proly = Proberbly.

LOL. I'd ask what Proberbly means but I think I have it figured out.