Posted to alt.home.repair

Default moen kitchen/bathroom faucet cartidges

I've got a couple of these cartridges still sealed in packaging. Is
there a shelf live for these unopened new cartridges?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/7/2011 1:03 PM, Doug wrote:
I've got a couple of these cartridges still sealed in packaging. Is
there a shelf live for these unopened new cartridges?

I don't think so. I always keep one around in case I need it.
Sometimes it's years before I use it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 7, 12:03*pm, "Doug" wrote:
I've got a couple of these cartridges still sealed in packaging. *Is
there a shelf live for these unopened new cartridges?

What is going to spoil????
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 7, 5:16*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 14:30:55 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "

wrote:
On Dec 7, 12:03*pm, "Doug" wrote:
I've got a couple of these cartridges still sealed in packaging. *Is
there a shelf live for these unopened new cartridges?

What is going to spoil????

They have charcoal in them. * Half life of carbon is less than 6000
years, so I wouldn't hang on to one for more than 2-3000 years.

Jim

By then they will have figured out how to wash without water, the
faucet will be obsoleteG.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rubber O rings could dry out.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Dec 7, 12:03 pm, "Doug" wrote:
I've got a couple of these cartridges still sealed in packaging. Is
there a shelf live for these unopened new cartridges?

What is going to spoil????

Moen kitchen faucet joevan Home Repair 12 August 15th 09 03:01 PM
Diverter in Moen Kitchen Faucet Max Home Repair 2 July 28th 07 03:29 AM
Moen bathroom faucet mystery z Home Repair 7 March 8th 07 02:52 PM
Moen Kitchen Faucet Ken Home Repair 10 August 2nd 05 02:24 PM
Need help fixing a Moen kitchen faucet toller Home Repair 7 September 11th 04 12:47 AM