Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need plumbing push on-off supply valve help

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 7:23*pm, wrote:
http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

What's coming out of the wall, PVC?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 9:53*pm, Mikepier wrote:
On Dec 1, 7:23*pm, wrote:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

What's coming out of the wall, *PVC?

Good question. I've never seen a push/pull valve
like that on a toilet before.

Before doing anything, exactly where is it leaking?
Since she's concerned with the hose/crimp, sounds
like it's leaking there. If so, first thing I'd try is to get
a stainless steel hose clamp, take off the old clamp,
and replace it. That might be all that is needed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 7:23*pm, wrote:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

What's coming out of the wall, *PVC?

Good question. I've never seen a push/pull valve
like that on a toilet before.

Before doing anything, exactly where is it leaking?
Since she's concerned with the hose/crimp, sounds
like it's leaking there. If so, first thing I'd try is to get
a stainless steel hose clamp, take off the old clamp,
and replace it. That might be all that is needed.

The same valve is on the kitchen water inlets, all bathroom sinks, and
toile, throughout the house.
It is leaking at the end of the crimp.
The old clamp will not come off!
Sumter County, FL: almost all homes have this same arrangement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:23:19 -0500, wrote:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

Looks like this is the valve:
http://www.accortechnology.com/flowtite.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

Looks like this is the valve:
http://www.accortechnology.com/flowtite.html

Shelly, I don't recognize the brand, but it looks like one of the newer
push on fittings. Shark bite and other brands have a way to remove a
fitting that didn't grab correctly.

See if this brand looks right. There is a tool for removing shown when
you click on demounting:
http://hep2o.wavin.com/Hep2o/Installation.html

It may be worth contacting a local plumber to ask what brand fittings
are used and where they buy them.

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 2, 8:08*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:23:19 -0500, wrote:
http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

Looks like this is the valve:http://www.accortechnology.com/flowtite.html

Looks like you have a choice. Either convert to a conventional
stop valve by gluing on an adaptor or get another one of the
existing ones. How you get the existing widget off, I don't know.
But if you can't there's enough pipe there so you could just cut
it off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/3/2011 7:45 AM, wrote:
On Dec 2, 8:08 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:23:19 -0500, wrote:
http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

Looks like this is the valve:http://www.accortechnology.com/flowtite.html

Looks like you have a choice. Either convert to a conventional
stop valve by gluing on an adaptor or get another one of the
existing ones. How you get the existing widget off, I don't know.
But if you can't there's enough pipe there so you could just cut
it off.

Great find. That sure looks like the right one. Removable and
reusable. The literature does say that it can be removed by turning in
counterclockwise.

Labor and material guaranteed for 10 years. Shelly should probably
contact the company, she may have a plumber coming for free. May well
be worth looking into.

--

___________________________________

Keep the whole world singing . . .
Dan G
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

Looks like this is the valve:
http://www.accortechnology.com/flowtite.html

You stated the pipe was PVC. The valve in your link is for CPVC / PEX
/ Copper. If that is the correct valve that you have, just replace it
with a Sharkbite angle stop 1/4 turn valve.

http://www.sharkbite.com/usa/en/product/push-fit-products/supply-stops-a-fittings

Home Depot carries them. They don't work on PVC though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

wrote:

http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which drips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do
this? Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by
cutting the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

Looks like this is the valve:
http://www.accortechnology.com/flowtite.html

It appears that the type of valve and supply hose that you have is a single
unit, and the supply hose (with the crimp) is factory installed. That means
that you cannot take off the hose or crimped part where you said it is
leaking.

I found this link with some info on what you have:
http://www.accortechnology.com/4ALLSpec_PVC.pdf

The valve itself is supposed to be removable (the supply hose would come off
with the valve). Someone here wrote that the valve can be removed by
turning it counterclockwise. I have not found that anywhere, but maybe that
is correct.

Since you said that other homes in your area have the same thing, maybe they
sell them in plumbing supply places or hardware stores in your area. You
could also try calling the manufacturer to find out where you can buy them
in your area. And, the manufacturer should be able to tell you how to
release and remove the valve (and hose assembly) from the CPVC pipe.

If you shut off the water supply, then take the supply hose off where it
connects to the sink, and then can remove the valve, you can bring the whole
thing with you to buy a replacement assembly.

Or, if you cannot get the valve off (or can't find anywhere that tells you
how to get it off), maybe you could just use a hacksaw or whatever to cut
the CPVC pipe right below the valve and get the whole assembly off that way.
And, if you cannot find a regular replacement for the whole assembly, just
bring it all with you to a Home Depot, Lowes, a hardware store, or whatever
and they'll be able to hook you up with what you need to do the replacement
with more standard materials. They'll sell you a valve and a separate
supply hose that screws onto the valve. You can either glue the new valve
on to the remaining piece of CPVC pipe, or they may have a valve or adapter
etc. that uses a push-on type of technology.

Good luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Ron wrote:

It appears that the type of valve and supply hose that you have is a
single unit, and the supply hose (with the crimp) is factory
installed. That means that you cannot take off the hose or crimped
part where you said it is leaking.

I found this link with some info on what you have:
http://www.accortechnology.com/4ALLSpec_PVC.pdf

P.S. Here's a link that shows how to contact the manufacturer:

http://www.accortechnology.com/contactUs.html .

I think they will be bale to tell you how to get the old one off, where to
get a new one, and as someone else suggested, they may even be able to send
a new one to you (maybe for free, maybe not).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 14:40:25 -0500, "Ron" wrote:

Or, if you cannot get the valve off (or can't find anywhere that tells you
how to get it off), maybe you could just use a hacksaw or whatever to cut
the CPVC pipe right below the valve and get the whole assembly off that way.
And, if you cannot find a regular replacement for the whole assembly, just
bring it all with you to a Home Depot, Lowes, a hardware store, or whatever
and they'll be able to hook you up with what you need to do the replacement
with more standard materials. They'll sell you a valve and a separate
supply hose that screws onto the valve. You can either glue the new valve
on to the remaining piece of CPVC pipe, or they may have a valve or adapter
etc. that uses a push-on type of technology.

Good luck.

He should decide if the removal tool is worth the cost.
And check to see if all the installed valves have clearance for the
disengager.
I can see where that could be a problem if the installer didn't
account for that.
Can't say whether that valve setup is a good idea.
I have clip disengage tools for GM fuel injection lines, and those
lines don't leak, and new clips are cheap if you break one.
But as you say, he has the option of going different ways.
Depends on cost/hassle factor.

--Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote the following:
http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb360/shelf1/

The above pix shows a similar water supply valve under my kitchen
sink, which driips near the crimp.
I would like to replace the hose and crimp: is there a way to do this?
Do I have to replace the entire valve assembly with hose by cutting
the supply pipe closer to the wall?
Can it be recrimped?

Assistance requested and appreciated. tia

The valve and supply line is a single unit. The text below is from
http://www.floorstransformed.com/upl...lve-18548.html

1. Shut off your house water at the mainline.

2. Disconnect the nut end of the connector first. This is the chrome nut
that attaches to the faucet (me = or toilet tank). It should only be
hand tight, but some installers will wrench them on. A 6 or 8 inch
adjustable wrench will work fine. For the toilet it's the large white
plastic nut connected to the toilet tank.

3. Rotate the valve on the pipe counter-clockwise with a slight pull
while turning.

4. After about 6 or 8 twists, the valve should turn itself completely
off of the pipe.

5. When the valve is removed, you'll see about a half inch of the pipe
tip will have these spiral scars. They look almost like a fine pipe
thread. They're not. They're caused by the gripping teeth inside the
valve when the valve is rotated.
This is the important part. When you go to re-install your valves (they
are re-usable if there is no damage to the O-ring inside), cut-away the
scarred portion of the pipe. If you can't, then just smooth the pipe
surface with emery cloth or a fine sand paper before re-installing your
valve.

6. Push the valve back onto the pipe with a slight turn of the wrist a
full 1 and one-quarter inches. It works well to measure and mark the
pipe. Try and avoid "screwing" the valve onto the pipe. Just push it on
with a slight turn of the wrist to the 1-1/4" mark.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:23:19 -0500, wrote:

Thanks everybody. Happy Holidays.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Thanks everybody. Happy Holidays.

Why not say _Merry Christmas_? I wouldn't be offended if you did.

Let us know how you fix the leak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

'Twas the night before the non denominational politicaly correct non
specific winter holiday',
when all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a disease ridden rodent;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that a seasonal character soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their non lead base painted beds,
While visions of sugarfree non fat-plums danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see who was violating the 10PM noise ordinance.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the crest of the new-fallen snow
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a non polluting green vehicle, and eight size challenged reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be the seasonal character.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:

"Now, DASHER! now, DANCER! now, PRANCER and VIXEN!
On, COMET! on CUPID! on, DONDER and BLITZEN!
To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

"As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of toys, and the seasonal character too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,
Down the chimney the seasonal character came with a bound.

He was dressed all in faux fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;
A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,
and he looked like a door to door salesman just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!
His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And no smoke from it did flow due to nonsmoking ordinances;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
Laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,
"HAPPY nondenominational politically correct nonspecific winter holiday TO
ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT."

WHAT KIND OF COMMIE CRAP IS THIS???? We all Know its Christmas for Christ
sake! and everyone knows its Santa So lets cut the bull and say Merry
Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!