Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Need plumbing push on-off supply valve help

On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:45:08 -0500, wrote:

Let us know how you fix the leak.

AccorTechnology is going to send me a replacement valve; old and new
one are guaranteed for 10 years. House is 5 years young.
I will remove the old one by twisting ccw a quarter turn and pulling
it off.
I will sand down any 'spiral marks' on the cpvc pipe
I will replace by pushing on and turning cw until it reaches a
predetermined distance.
Accortechnology has been extremely cooperative thus far.

Thanks. Glad it worked out for you. IIRC you have the same valve under
your kitchen sink, so now you have information for the future. Nice
to see good customer service.