Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ethanol ate my ice maker!

It seemed like such a good idea. Put ethanol in the waer
line to my ice maker, and make ethanol cubes.

No more complaining from my inlaws, about watering down the
drinks. Problem is, that the ethanol softened the intake
valve. My entire freezer over flowed with ethanol. It ran
out the vents. My dog was lapping it up, my toddlers were
licking it off the floor.

Finally, ethanol softened my ice maker, and now it's a lump
of soft plastic on the bottom of the freezer.

My dog is having a vomit in the garden, and my toddlers are
rolling around the floor, laughing hysterically.

I wonder if the ice maker is under warranty. I've got to go,
now my toddlers have forgotten how to walk. Maybe I can get
pictures of their precious first steps, this time. Ethanol
ate my ice maker.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 4:03*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
[...]

.

I thought Mormons were teetotal?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Ethanol from corn is OK for Mormans but they are forbidden to use
ethanol from petroleum.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

They are. He didn't say HE was going to use it. The proposed result was for
his in-laws (I think he married an Indian).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

harry wrote:

I thought Mormons were teetotal?

They are. He didn't say HE was going to use it. The proposed result
was for his in-laws (I think he married an Indian).

Well then he needs firewater, not ethanol.

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

Book I read, many years ago. Used to be illegal for Indians
to buy whiskey, so they bought cough syrup instead.

Anyhow, Mormons aren't supposed to consume coffee, tea,
alcohol, or harmful drugs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tegger" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

harry wrote:

I thought Mormons were teetotal?

They are. He didn't say HE was going to use it. The
proposed result
was for his in-laws (I think he married an Indian).

Well then he needs firewater, not ethanol.

--
Tegger

Posted to alt.home.repair

Naah, Indians tend to be alcoholics. I'd rather marry a
Russian bride.

(More seriouisly, I've never married. Keep chasing women,
but havn't caught one.)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
harry wrote:

I thought Mormons were teetotal?

They are. He didn't say HE was going to use it. The proposed
result was for
his in-laws (I think he married an Indian).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Naah, Indians tend to be alcoholics. I'd rather marry a
Russian bride.

(More seriouisly, I've never married. Keep chasing women,
but havn't caught one.)

How true the statement "A man chases a woman until she catches him."

Yes, it's the women that do the choosing. I commend for your consideration
the book "Sexual Choices, Why Women Pick the Men They Do." It reads like a
preliminary version of a master's thesis, but the author puts the subject on
a BIOLOGICAL basis. She starts with two unprovable, but common-sense
believable statements:

* We all have a genetic mandate to reproduce, and
* It's the female that does the actual choosing of a mate.
And one axiom:
* Sperm are cheap, ova are dear.

This leads to two radically different reproductive strategies:
* A male's best strategy is to impregnate as many females as possible,
* A female's best strategy is to garner the best sperm she can.

#1 Parental approval of the prospective mate, especiall that of her mother.
#2 Does the man exhibit "fatherly" characteristics

(About #5 is "The man must be smarter than she" - but not to worry. If he in
fact is not, she will invent a way in which he is. "Billy Bob don't have
much book learnin', but he just KNOWS when to trust a body! I could never
even do that.").

Now you can't usually do much about #1, but #2 is a no brainer:
* Smile everytime you see a kid,
* Wistfully wonder out loud, "I wish I had a bunch of kids",
* Point out cute kids ("Look at the red hair on that boy!" or "I think
little girls are just darling in pinafores", etc.)

It won't be long 'til they're screaming "I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!" while
in the middle of a passionate moment!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 11:04 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Book I read, many years ago. Used to be illegal for Indians
to buy whiskey, so they bought cough syrup instead.

Anyhow, Mormons aren't supposed to consume coffee, tea,
alcohol, or harmful drugs.

Andy comments:

..... and they'd have a much higher opinion of Jesus if he
hadn't drank wine..........

:))) Andy in Eureka, Texa
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 11:07 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Naah, Indians tend to be alcoholics. I'd rather marry a
Russian bride.

(More seriouisly, I've never married. Keep chasing women,
but havn't caught one.)

Andy comments:
Save yourself a lot of trouble...

Find a woman you absolutely can't stand, and give her
half your stuff....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tegger" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote innews:ib2dndKVpbgzVzfTnZ2dnUVZ_o6dnZ2d@earthlink. com:

harry wrote:

I thought Mormons were teetotal?

They are. He didn't say HE was going to use it. The
proposed result
was for his in-laws (I think he married an Indian).

Well then he needs firewater, not ethanol.

--
Tegger

"Supposd to"? You imply that you are a rule breaker.
Tell me you're not an alki SN!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Book I read, many years ago. Used to be illegal for Indians
to buy whiskey, so they bought cough syrup instead.

Anyhow, Mormons aren't supposed to consume coffee, tea,
alcohol, or harmful drugs.

Andy comments:

*..... and they'd have a much higher opinion of Jesus if he
hadn't drank wine..........

* * * * * * * * * * * :))) *Andy in Eureka, Texa

Or changed water into wine.......
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 28, 5:07*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Naah, Indians tend to be alcoholics. I'd rather marry a
Russian bride.

(More seriouisly, I've never married. Keep chasing women,
but havn't caught one.)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

harry wrote:

I thought Mormons were teetotal?

They are. He didn't say HE was going to use it. The proposed
result was for
his in-laws (I think he married an Indian).

Well there must be a shortage of Mormon women if some people have
several wives.
I bet all the good lookers get snapped up first.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuovwBJHlV8
Posted to alt.home.repair

new wine = grape juice.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Andy" wrote in message

Anyhow, Mormons aren't supposed to consume coffee, tea,
alcohol, or harmful drugs.

Andy comments:

..... and they'd have a much higher opinion of Jesus if he
hadn't drank wine..........

:))) Andy in Eureka, Texa

Posted to alt.home.repair

With the modern courts, maybe I'd have to give her 95% of my
stuff, and large checks for more money than I make every
month?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:
Naah, Indians tend to be alcoholics. I'd rather marry a
Russian bride.

(More seriouisly, I've never married. Keep chasing women,
but havn't caught one.)

Andy comments:
Save yourself a lot of trouble...

Find a woman you absolutely can't stand, and give her
half your stuff....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Book I read, many years ago. Used to be illegal for Indians
to buy whiskey, so they bought cough syrup instead.

Anyhow, Mormons aren't supposed to consume coffee, tea,
alcohol, or harmful drugs.

Andy comments:

..... and they'd have a much higher opinion of Jesus if he
hadn't drank wine..........

:))) Andy in Eureka, Texa

Or changed water into wine.......

Andy comments:
I wish to heck I could do that..... but then, my water
bill would probably go up....

:))) Andy in Eureka, Texas
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 6:51 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
With the modern courts, maybe I'd have to give her 95% of my
stuff, and large checks for more money than I make every
month?

--

Andy comments:
Well, maybe you could find a judge that uses "Sharia Law".......

:)))) Andy in Eureka, Texas

PS You'd probly have to move to another country, like New Jersey,
tho.....
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sharia on Usenet. Something like:

"I killfile with thee
I killfile with thee
I killfile with thee"

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:
With the modern courts, maybe I'd have to give her 95% of
my
stuff, and large checks for more money than I make every
month?

--

Andy comments:
Well, maybe you could find a judge that uses "Sharia
Law".......

:)))) Andy in Eureka, Texas

PS You'd probly have to move to another country, like New
Jersey,
tho.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 7:31 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Sharia on Usenet. Something like:

"I killfile with thee
I killfile with thee
I killfile with thee"

Andy comments:

You forgot to add the "Death to America" thing........

:))) Andy in Eureka, Texas

Eureka, where the name of Yomama, the Chinese cellist,
is often mispronounced....