Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ethanol ate my computer!

The Ethanol Computer Disaster

"It started so simply" Young said. "I'd only been swabbing
the dirty mouse rollers. But, after a while, I was pouring
cleaning ethanol on the entire mother board."

Young, 32, of New York State, had been using the otherwise
innocuous ethanol to clean his keyboard. Ethanol, also known
as Demon Rum, developed a life of its own.

Only a few short days later, Young found himself powerless.
Hundreds of cotton swabs later, Young had graduated from the
gateway computer cleaner 70% witch hazel to E-85. Sneaking
into gas stations in cover of darkness to fill cleaning
fluid containers. Wiping out his bank account, and maxxing
up his credit cards. Cotton swabs had graduated to cotton
balls, and later to gauze squares.

Now, committed by the courts to mandated inpatient
treatment. No longer available to get the 4 x 4 gauze
squares he craves, and the ethanol that he'd been using to
clean his computer. Scientists say that ethanol can soften
mother boards, and loosen the traces. With traces loose, the
processor shorted out, and the computer released the little
white smoke. Family has stepped in, to try and find him a
new computer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Don't let your children grow up like me

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Christopher A. Young
Don't let your children grow up like me
I need a new mother board for my computer
Support the charitable foundation to outlaw ethanol fuel!

Are you losing it, like Glenn Beck?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you stopped beating your wife?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Curt" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
Christopher A. Young
Don't let your children grow up like me
I need a new mother board for my computer
Support the charitable foundation to outlaw ethanol fuel!

Are you losing it, like Glenn Beck?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Have you stopped beating your wife?

Most Mormons know something about their "wives". It's that family value
thing.

A question for you.

Have you stopped beating your husband?

Ethanol ate my lawnmower Cheeseball Home Repair 47 October 29th 11 02:59 PM
Why do you think there is water in the ethanol that gas stationssell? spaco Metalworking 1 August 31st 10 04:22 PM
What's going to happen with Ethanol? RAM Metalworking 38 July 7th 08 02:51 AM
damage from ethanol? mm Home Repair 164 May 17th 06 03:08 AM
Why is propanol better cleaner than ethanol? HeyBub Home Repair 2 June 6th 05 11:55 AM