Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Ethanol ate my ice maker!

harry wrote:
On Oct 28, 4:03 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
It seemed like such a good idea. Put ethanol in the waer
line to my ice maker, and make ethanol cubes.

No more complaining from my inlaws, about watering down the
drinks. Problem is, that the ethanol softened the intake
valve. My entire freezer over flowed with ethanol. It ran
out the vents. My dog was lapping it up, my toddlers were
licking it off the floor.

Finally, ethanol softened my ice maker, and now it's a lump
of soft plastic on the bottom of the freezer.

My dog is having a vomit in the garden, and my toddlers are
rolling around the floor, laughing hysterically.

I wonder if the ice maker is under warranty. I've got to go,
now my toddlers have forgotten how to walk. Maybe I can get
pictures of their precious first steps, this time. Ethanol
ate my ice maker.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I thought Mormons were teetotal?

They are. He didn't say HE was going to use it. The proposed result was for
his in-laws (I think he married an Indian).