Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ethanol ate my Evinrude

"notbob" wrote in message ...
On 2011-10-28, notbob wrote:

The Great Ethanol Scam

[...]
storage."

Wow. The first time I've ever been counterfeited/socked/whatever. I
almost feel honored. However, it's not me.

nb

Wait a minute.......If he's notbob and you're notbob then who are you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ethanol ate my boat motor too

Dave wrote:

Stuff that's older than 30 days I just dump out down the street on a
vacant lot.

Better: Dump your excess gasoline in a storm drain. Wait about 30 minutes.
Throw a match in the drain.

Watch as manhole covers for two blocks are blown into the air. Marvel at the
stuff that is actually blown OUT of the storm drains. See motorists drive up
on lawns and crash into houses.

Chuckle as everyone runs outside screaming "WTF was that?!!"

Watch the TV news helicopters collide as every station in town tries to
cover the terrorist attack!

Sell coffee and soda at your ad hoc stand to the hundreds of police,
firefighters, FBI, ATF, and Homeland Security personnel that shortly
congregate.

It will liven up your day. And into the night.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Years ago, I learned that gasoline poisons the soil, makes
it hard for gras and other vegetation to grow. Not sure
about E10, probably the same.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Dave wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Years ago, I learned that gasoline poisons the soil, makes
it hard for gras and other vegetation to grow. Not sure
about E10, probably the same.

Yep. And Roundup won't explode. Remember, the explosive power of one cup of
gasoline turned into a vapor is equivalent to five sticks of dynamite.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/28/2011 12:02 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Years ago, I learned that gasoline poisons the soil, makes
it hard for gras and other vegetation to grow. Not sure
about E10, probably the same.

But seriously, the E10 gasoline absorbs water and thus deteriorates in
as little as 30 days and there really is no practical way to dispose of
it. All the small engine manufactures advise not to use old ethanol
fuel. While the fuel preservative products claim to prevent corrosion
damage, they don't stop water absorption and the dreaded phase change.

I don't like doing it but I dump old ethanol fuel out on the ground as
well. ( I've got municipal water so I don't have to worry about water
well contamination. ) And as HeyBub pointed out, dumping gas down the
sewer would be extremely deadly.

I can no longer buy ethanol-free gasoline. You got a better way to
dispose of the government mandated ethanol fuel when it goes bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:11:07 -0400, Bernt Tass
wrote:

[...]

Add a cup full of water to a gallon of gas. Shake and let sit Drain
the water and ethanol off the bottom and you have ethanol-free
gasoline.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bernt Tass" wrote in message ...

I don't like doing it but I dump old ethanol fuel out on the ground as
well. ( I've got municipal water so I don't have to worry about water
well contamination. ) And as HeyBub pointed out, dumping gas down the
sewer would be extremely deadly.

I can no longer buy ethanol-free gasoline. You got a better way to
dispose of the government mandated ethanol fuel when it goes bad?

dont let all the enviropussies get in yer head - just dump it somewhere like in a woods or ditch or sumthing.
it wont hurt anything