Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Small quantities of construction staples?

I picked up a free 16 gauge staple gun.
Works, but only has a dozen staples.
I went looking for
16 gauge 7/16 crown 2" long staples in Portland Oregon.
I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of them for $40.
I'd like to find a thousand or so of a couple of different lengths.

Suggestions?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , mike wrote:

I picked up a free 16 gauge staple gun.
Works, but only has a dozen staples.
I went looking for
16 gauge 7/16 crown 2" long staples in Portland Oregon.
I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of them for $40.
I'd like to find a thousand or so of a couple of different lengths.

Suggestions?

go to a construction site and offer to buy some of theirs?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 27, 7:22*pm, mike wrote:
I picked up a free 16 gauge staple gun.
Works, but only has a dozen staples.
I went looking for
16 gauge 7/16 crown 2" long staples in Portland Oregon.
I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of them for $40.
I'd like to find a thousand or so of a couple of different lengths.

Suggestions?

http://grizzly.com/outlet/16-Gauge-S...-000-pc-/G6061

Posted to alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:
On Sep 27, 7:22 pm, mike wrote:
I picked up a free 16 gauge staple gun.
Works, but only has a dozen staples.
I went looking for
16 gauge 7/16 crown 2" long staples in Portland Oregon.
I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of them for $40.
I'd like to find a thousand or so of a couple of different lengths.

Suggestions?

http://grizzly.com/outlet/16-Gauge-S...-000-pc-/G6061

Thanks, but I've searched that site till I'm dizzy.
Can't find anything over an inch long in smaller quantities.
Your link points to 3/4 inches.
You sure they have 2-inchers in small quantities?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mike" wrote in message
I picked up a free 16 gauge staple gun.
Works, but only has a dozen staples.
I went looking for
16 gauge 7/16 crown 2" long staples in Portland Oregon.
I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of them for $40.
I'd like to find a thousand or so of a couple of different lengths.

Suggestions?

Google search term using FF

http://www.google.com/search?q=16+ga...ient=firefox-a

Posted to alt.home.repair

Colbyt wrote:
"mike" wrote in message
I picked up a free 16 gauge staple gun.
Works, but only has a dozen staples.
I went looking for
16 gauge 7/16 crown 2" long staples in Portland Oregon.
I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of them for $40.
I'd like to find a thousand or so of a couple of different lengths.

Suggestions?

Google search term using FF

http://www.google.com/search?q=16+ga...ient=firefox-a

Well...everything I found included a statement something like this:
These 16 Gauge 7/16" Crown Galvanized Staples measure 2" long and are
packaged 10000 per box
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't know why I bother to be as precise and detailed with my requests.
Nobody seems to read it anyway.

Not to worry, I found some at a garage sale.
Problem solved for a buck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.google.com/search?q=16+ga...22+long+staple....

Well...everything I found included a statement something like this:
These 16 Gauge 7/16" Crown Galvanized Staples measure 2" long and are
packaged 10000 per box
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't know why I bother to be as precise and detailed with my requests.
Nobody seems to read it anyway.

Not to worry, I found some at a garage sale.
Problem solved for a buck.

You stated "I'd like to find a thousand or so of a couple of
different lengths."

"a thousand or so of a couple of different lengths" does not qualify
as "precise and detailed"

Posted to alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:
On Oct 2, 4:10 pm, mike wrote:
Colbyt wrote:
"mike" wrote in message
[...]

Where I come from, A requirement for a thousand or so of a couple of
different lengths
is NOT satisfied by
10,000 minimum of EACH length...not even close.
Further qualified by. " I can't find anywhere to buy less than 10,000 of
them for $40."

Anyway, I'm satisfied with what I have. No need to beat this dead horse
any more.