Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Default Big 'lytics in small quantities?

Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing. All others I can find are non-stock,
min order.

I want 3.

These are replacements in an inverter. Space is at a premium, and
re-configuring the chassis and other components is not worth the labor
involved.

Ideas?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

DaveC wrote:
Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing.

How about a Panasonic T-HA snap-in? It isn't as pretty as the screw
terminals but if you really cared you might make a little PCB to turn
the solder terminals into screws.

For example Digi-Key P13224 is 1800uF@400V, 80mm high, just a little
more than 3 inches, and in-stock.

Tim.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing. All others I can find are non-stock,
min order.

I want 3.

These are replacements in an inverter. Space is at a premium, and
re-configuring the chassis and other components is not worth the labor
involved.

Ideas?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

Look at the CDE web site for your candidates.
http://www.cde.com/new/

They have an inverter grade (model 520C)
http://www.cde.com/new/catalog/alum/#screw

What is your diameter preference?
http://www.cde.com/catalogs/520C.pdf

Here is a good candidate:

520C192T450DB2B -- 450 VDC (500 VDC surge)
1900 uF 52.6 mohms ESR (max) 9.8 A ripple MAX 3" diameter x 3 1/8"
height

Then talk to CDE -- they were selling direct via their web site -- then the
distributors (Mouser being one) - complained -- so tell CDE you will have to
buy Far East -- if they can not line up a distributor to place order!

Greg

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Depends on where you live. Most large cities have "surplus electronics
stores" where that sort of thing can be found relatively inexpensively. In
Sacramento, for example, we have HSC Electronics and I'll bet you could find
half a barrel of what you are looking for there.

Jim

"w9gb" wrote in message
. ..
"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

DaveC wrote:
Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing. All others I can find are non-stock,
min order.

I want 3.

These are replacements in an inverter. Space is at a premium, and
re-configuring the chassis and other components is not worth the labor
involved.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Is there a surplus shop near you? I've seen some similar caps at Vetco
in Bellevue, WA.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
qrk qrk is offline

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:59:15 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing. All others I can find are non-stock,
min order.

I want 3.

These are replacements in an inverter. Space is at a premium, and
re-configuring the chassis and other components is not worth the labor
involved.

Ideas?

Thanks,

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?sku=26C1971

Search around Newark. Surprising how many beer bottle caps they have
in stock.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:07:38 -0800, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

Depends on where you live. Most large cities have "surplus electronics
stores" where that sort of thing can be found relatively inexpensively. In
Sacramento, for example, we have HSC Electronics and I'll bet you could find
half a barrel of what you are looking for there.

Jim

Haven't been to the Sacramento store but their other place near San Jose had a
good selection in October when we were over in the US.

Don't forget that anything more than a few years old may need reforming or
bringing up to voltage gently before using.

Peter
--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email:
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

James Sweet wrote:
DaveC wrote:

Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).
(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing. All others I can find are
non-stock, min order.

I want 3.
These are replacements in an inverter. Space is at a premium, and
re-configuring the chassis and other components is not worth the labor
involved.
Ideas?

Thanks,

Is there a surplus shop near you? I've seen some similar caps at Vetco
in Bellevue, WA.

We have them on eBay under abeja.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:30:57 +0000, qrk wrote:
http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?sku=26C1971

Search around Newark. Surprising how many beer bottle caps they have in
stock.

Beer bottle caps? Do you mean like this?
http://www.penguinslab.com/Pictures/Tesla/PICT0047.JPG
from
http://www.penguinslab.com/tesla.htm

Maybe you mean "beer can" caps. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Newark was already suggested.

Try Richardson Electronics

http://www.rell.com/

They supply components to motor drive repair businesses (among many other
unique applications) so they should be able to handle your request. Give
them a call or email.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical

Matthew Beasley wrote:
"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...

Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Newark was already suggested.

Try Richardson Electronics

http://www.rell.com/

They supply components to motor drive repair businesses (among many other
unique applications) so they should be able to handle your request. Give
them a call or email.

We have lots of similar items on eBay under abeja.

Typical pricing is one-sixth of distributor cost.