Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
RST Engineering \(jw\) RST Engineering \(jw\) is offline

Default Big 'lytics in small quantities?

Depends on where you live. Most large cities have "surplus electronics
stores" where that sort of thing can be found relatively inexpensively. In
Sacramento, for example, we have HSC Electronics and I'll bet you could find
half a barrel of what you are looking for there.

Jim

"w9gb" wrote in message
. ..
"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Big can-type electrolytics: 1800-2200uF, 400-plus wv, screw terminals.
Limitation is height: 3.5 inch max (not including terminals).

(OE p/n: Nichicon LNR2G182ASMXMG from old caps).

Mouser, DigiKey, Allied have nothing. All others I can find are
non-stock,
min order.

I want 3.

These are replacements in an inverter. Space is at a premium, and
re-configuring the chassis and other components is not worth the labor
involved.

Ideas?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

Look at the CDE web site for your candidates.
http://www.cde.com/new/

They have an inverter grade (model 520C)
http://www.cde.com/new/catalog/alum/#screw

What is your diameter preference?
http://www.cde.com/catalogs/520C.pdf

Here is a good candidate:

520C192T450DB2B -- 450 VDC (500 VDC surge)
1900 uF 52.6 mohms ESR (max) 9.8 A ripple MAX 3" diameter x 3 1/8"
height

Then talk to CDE -- they were selling direct via their web site -- then
the distributors (Mouser being one) - complained -- so tell CDE you will
have to buy Far East -- if they can not line up a distributor to place
order!

Greg