Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Cell phone keep check balance

I love high tech gadgets. Although I make very few phone calls I
would love to have a smart phone, but because I have little practical
use for one, I have a dumb phone. Even the dumb phones are useful. I
use the calculator and the stopwatch. It would be nice to be able to
add and subtract from a running balance. Because I am on a fixed
income, it would also be nice to have it add to the total monthly
automatically.

BTW if I knew of an active cell phone group I would use it, but there
doesn't seem to be one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 22, 12:30*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
I love high tech gadgets. *Although I make very few phone calls I
would love to have a smart phone, but because I have little practical
use for one, I have a dumb phone. *Even the dumb phones are useful. *I
use the calculator and the stopwatch. *It would be nice to be able to
add and subtract from a running balance. *Because I am on a fixed
income, it would also be nice to have it add to the total monthly
automatically.

I think what you want is a PRE-PAID cell phone. You only pay for the
minutes you use, and you can add minutes when you run low, or when you
can afford it. There is no monthly bill.

You can purchase pre-paid cell phones off the rack at Walmart or any
number of other stores. Another advantage is that your kids can buy
you cell minutes on gift cards which you can add to your account.
Great for birthdays, christmas, mother's/father's day, anniversaries,
etc.. If you play your cards right you will NEVER have to pay for
cell service again.

BTW if I knew of an active cell phone group I would use it, but there
doesn't seem to be one.

There are hundreds of active cell phone forums online.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 22, 11:52*am, wrote:
[...]

Well, tell him some of them!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:26:30 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Sep 22, 11:52*am, wrote:
[...]

Or just 1. An active group, for my purpose, is a group that has more
than three non-spam posts per week.

The phone I use is on a family package. I get 210 min per month for
11 bucks. Being able to keep a running total of your checking account
was just a novel idea for dumb phones. If I really needed it, I would
get a smart phone.

Smart phones are really cool. I want one, I just don't need one. I
play spades almost daily at Yahoo games. We have players on there now
that are playing from their phones.