Posted to alt.home.repair

Default plastic condom of waterproof earphone falls down easy

Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones,
which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Thank you

Erhy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 4:35*am, "Erhy" erhard _ glueck _
wrote:
Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones,
which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Thank you

Erhy

A dab of PVC cement would probably seal them on permanently. You'd
need a second set if you wanted to listen without them. They should
be pretty cheap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Perhaps you could wrap some friction tape around the circumference. If
you do not intend to remove these earpieces then glue them on. I'd use
friction tape.

Dave Martel

Posted to alt.home.repair

Erhy wrote:

I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones,
which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

The flexible fluted plugs would interfere with the sound coming from the
buds, I would think.

It looks like you need to glue the plugs to the buds so that when you
pull them out of your ears, they come out in one piece.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones,
which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Thank you

Erhy

Ear bud type devices are bad for your lifelong ability to have good
hearing...

Obtain a geeky looking set of ear muff style head phones...

Care should be taken as to just how loud you set the volume...

It is not something you will notice today, tomorrow or 10 years from
now
but you WILL lose hearing if you "enjoy" listening to loud music from
ear bud style head phones...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones,
which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Thank you

Erhy

Ear bud type devices are bad for your lifelong ability to have good
hearing...

OMG!!! I've been using them for years. My hearing isn't that great
anyway, so I hope to hell I'm not making it worse by using earbuds.
Note that I do NOT listen to loud teenage music; mostly commentary
and some normal music.

Do you have any evidence-based references you can post? Straight
question.

TIA

HB

Obtain a geeky looking set of ear muff style head phones...

Care should be taken as to just how loud you set the volume...

It is not something you will notice today, tomorrow or 10 years from
now
but you WILL lose hearing if you "enjoy" listening to loud music from
ear bud style head phones...

~~ Evan

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 26, 1:35*am, "Erhy" erhard _ glueck _
wrote:
Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones,
which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Thank you

Erhy

Guess I'm way behind the times. Didn't know that word could be used
outside of sexual context. Checked with Wikipedia, but didn't find
anything other than sex.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Erhy" erhard _ glueck _ wrote in message
Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones, which
have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Thank you

Erhy

Hi! If your condom is falling off, your pecker is too small for the condom
size.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

Do you have any evidence-based references you can post? Straight
question.

I had a customer who was a real-live audiologist, and he told us some
interesting things about hearing damage. Most people already know that
it's cumulative.

But he also said that for any given decibel level, there is an exposure
time limit. Exceed the time limit, and your hearing is irreparably
damaged. For example, let's say you have a room with loud machines, and
that the time limit for the given decibel level is 60 seconds.

If you stay in that room for 70 seconds, your hearing is damaged,
period. However, if you stay in there for 50 seconds and leave, and go
back in there for another 50 seconds 5 minutes later, you can do that
all day long, day after day, and never lose any hearing from it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/26/2011 03:35 AM, Erhy wrote:
Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones, which
have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Thank you

Erhy

For a music player, you should be using the rhythm method.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Erhy wrote:
Hello,
I have bought an Oregon MP120 waterproof Player with earphones,
which have condoms of plasticized PVC, easy to lose:

http://www.bergbaumuseum-gruenbach.a.../earphones.jpg

Please give me a tip how to affix them better.

Just a little superglue on the outside edges of the mushroom like "flaps", then
stick them in your ears. You won't lose another.

(-: