Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need DEAFENING LOUD smoke detector

a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , bob haller wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

That's not really what he needs.

Instead, he should get a smoke detector that plays a recorded message in
a parent's voice -- they're astonishingly effective. Kids *will*not* sleep
through Mom's voice saying "Jason, get up! The house is on fire!"

http://www.redi-exit.com/talking-smoke-alarms.html
http://gizmodo.com/034301/kidsmart-t...smoke-detector
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote the following:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Rig up a sprinkler system that will spray him when the smoke alarm goes off.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/19/2011 1:03 PM, willshak wrote:
bob haller wrote the following:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Rig up a sprinkler system that will spray him when the smoke alarm goes
off.

Ah, you mean when the smoke alarm goes "ON" right? ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 19, 4:13*pm, bob haller wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

All you need is a commercial mains/battery operated central system.
There are availble 120db sirens for such systems. NO-ONE sleeps
through that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I've got one that has a light built in. Maybe right over his
pillow, shine right into his face?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bob haller" wrote in message
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a
smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the
dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my
van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the kid is old enough to have a job, but still lives at
home. The recorded deep voice "Trays! Mofo! Trays are up!"
might do it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message

Instead, he should get a smoke detector that plays a
recorded message
in a parent's voice -- they're astonishingly effective.
Kids
*will*not* sleep through Mom's voice saying "Jason, get
up! The house
is on fire!"

or "Food is ready."

http://www.redi-exit.com/talking-smoke-alarms.html
http://gizmodo.com/034301/kidsmart-t...smoke-detector

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"bob haller" wrote in message

a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a
smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the
dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my
van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

there are devices made for the deaf that are placed under the pillow
and which vibrate to wake the sleeper.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 19, 8:13*am, bob haller wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Get a dog and train hi/her to respond to the smoke detector alarm by
jumping on son's bed.

Can be done.

HB
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smoke detectors cost around three bucks. Buy six of 'em.

And remind everybody else sleeping in the house to rescue him if he doesn't wake up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/19/2011 8:49 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Aug 19, 8:13 am, bob wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Get a dog and train hi/her to respond to the smoke detector alarm by
jumping on son's bed.

Can be done.

HB

Argh! Tbird is still sending direct, no matter how slow and careful I am
about picking the right selection!

They sell adaptive technology smoke alarms/repeaters for hearing
impaired folks, with a strobe light and even a vibrating plate to put
under the pillow. Mebbe you could replace your friends smoke alarms with
the fancy hardwired ones that also listen for their siblings and go off
in sympathy, and mount one on his headboard.

But anyone past toddler age that sleeps so soundly that it is difficult
to wake them, needs medical evaluation, starting with a hearing test. I
kind of envy him- I wish I could sleep on airplanes- but there won't
always be others around to wake him when needed.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-08-19, bob haller wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

Sears used to make an AC powered smoke detector that could not only
wake the dead, but make 'em sit up and cover their ears in pain!

My ex BIL had one mounted in the bedrooms hallway and it once went off
while I was in said hallway. I damn near had a heart attack, it was
so loud. Literally knocked me back against the wall. It had to be
mounted within 10 ft of an AC outlet or hardwired into house wiring.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:j2mjup
:

If the kid is old enough to have a job, but still lives at
home. The recorded deep voice "Trays! Mofo! Trays are up!"
might do it.

Or maybe.

"All those signing up for the military please remain in the building."

Posted to alt.home.repair

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he
fell asleep in my van once, couldnt wake
him till i hit the seal recline lever..

Does he have a real pointy nose, and eat a lot of FISH?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Miklos wrote:
On 8/19/2011 1:03 PM, willshak wrote:
bob haller wrote the following:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Rig up a sprinkler system that will spray him when the smoke alarm goes
off.

Ah, you mean when the smoke alarm goes "ON" right? ;-)

Hi,
English is not my mother tongue but I think you're wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yours is better. My hat's off to you, also my hair.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Red Green" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in news:j2mjup
:

If the kid is old enough to have a job, but still lives at
home. The recorded deep voice "Trays! Mofo! Trays are up!"
might do it.

Or maybe.

"All those signing up for the military please remain in the
building."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2011 12:31 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Tony Miklos wrote:
On 8/19/2011 1:03 PM, willshak wrote:
bob haller wrote the following:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Rig up a sprinkler system that will spray him when the smoke alarm goes
off.

Ah, you mean when the smoke alarm goes "ON" right? ;-)

Hi,
English is not my mother tongue but I think you're wrong.

But when the alarm stops making noise, is it then "on"?

OK, you did see the ;-) right? That's a smirk, as if I'm joking. Just
a long fought over question in the American English language. And yes,
it's most often said and accepted as he originally posted.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/19/2011 7:49 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Aug 19, 8:13 am, bob wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Get a dog and train hi/her to respond to the smoke detector alarm by
jumping on son's bed.

Can be done.

HB

Sandy, the attack Chihuahua is on top of me whenever I go to bed. My
roommate is upset because his dog likes me better than she likes him.
I usually wake up to find the little critter in my lap or curled up
next to me in some fashion. The only problem is that she will often
start barking at a noise at 3:00am and it's like a hand grenade going
off in my lap. She's too cute to be mean to or throw against the wall. ^_^

TDD

Smoke Detector Camdor UK diy 8 May 18th 10 03:36 PM
Smoke Detector ? nr Home Repair 4 December 4th 07 12:48 AM
smoke detector No Name Home Repair 6 August 13th 07 12:46 AM
Snow Thrower belching smoke and really loud raazdeth Home Repair 6 December 5th 05 02:22 AM
Smoke detector and CO detector installed next to each other? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 16th 05 02:46 AM