Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Need DEAFENING LOUD smoke detector

On 8/19/2011 8:49 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Aug 19, 8:13 am, bob wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

her son sleeps so soundly its unreal he fell asleep in my van once,
couldnt wake him till i hit the seal recline lever.......

Get a dog and train hi/her to respond to the smoke detector alarm by
jumping on son's bed.

Can be done.

HB

Argh! Tbird is still sending direct, no matter how slow and careful I am
about picking the right selection!

They sell adaptive technology smoke alarms/repeaters for hearing
impaired folks, with a strobe light and even a vibrating plate to put
under the pillow. Mebbe you could replace your friends smoke alarms with
the fancy hardwired ones that also listen for their siblings and go off
in sympathy, and mount one on his headboard.

But anyone past toddler age that sleeps so soundly that it is difficult
to wake them, needs medical evaluation, starting with a hearing test. I
kind of envy him- I wish I could sleep on airplanes- but there won't
always be others around to wake him when needed.

--
aem sends...