Posted to alt.home.repair
raazdeth

Default Snow Thrower belching smoke and really loud

Hi all,

Well my subject says it all. I bought a new Yard Machine 5.5 HP Single
Stage snow thrower with a push button for eletric ignition. The
Tecuimseh engine it employs is a two-cycle form that requires a fuel
mix ratio of 50:1 (1 gallon of unleaded fuel for every 2.5 oz of the 2
cycle oil). I am pretty sure I have the mixture right (and I did this
before I added it into the fuel tank). When I power on the thrower, the
engine ROARS to life and belches a ton of smoke form its exhaust. The
noise and smoke goes on for an unusually long period of time. Does this
sound familiar to any of you? Any obvious problem or something to check
for?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

It might be the choke is on. Does it have an automatic choke or are you
supposed take off the choke after it starts, or a mixture screw if it
has an adjustable screw is set to rich, turn in to lean it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rastus

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:10:58 -0800, raazdeth wrote:

Hi all,

Well my subject says it all. I bought a new Yard Machine 5.5 HP Single
Stage snow thrower with a push button for eletric ignition. The
Tecuimseh engine it employs is a two-cycle form that requires a fuel
mix ratio of 50:1 (1 gallon of unleaded fuel for every 2.5 oz of the 2
cycle oil). I am pretty sure I have the mixture right (and I did this
before I added it into the fuel tank). When I power on the thrower, the
engine ROARS to life and belches a ton of smoke form its exhaust. The
noise and smoke goes on for an unusually long period of time. Does this
sound familiar to any of you? Any obvious problem or something to check
for?

Thanks.

My 5.5 H.P. Yard machine snowblower is a Tecumseh FOUR stroke. Are you
sure you have a 2 stroke? I'm not saying they don't make them,
I've just never saw one.
Posted to alt.home.repair
raazdeth

Rastus wrote:
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:10:58 -0800, raazdeth wrote:

My 5.5 H.P. Yard machine snowblower is a Tecumseh FOUR stroke. Are you
sure you have a 2 stroke? I'm not saying they don't make them,
I've just never saw one.

Yes, it's a two-cycle engine.

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...4+5234&pos=n20

Posted to alt.home.repair
raazdeth

It's manual and according to the instructions, I have to put it to Full
Choke when I start it up. I never took off the choke w=once its started
though so I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

raazdeth wrote:
It's manual and according to the instructions, I have to put it to Full
Choke when I start it up. I never took off the choke w=once its started
though so I'll give that a try. Thanks.

I hope to hear the "thwock" from your self inflicted "dope slap" if that
solves the problem G

Your obviously a "youngster" who never owned or drove a car with a
manual choke knob.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia