Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob[_4_] notbob[_4_] is offline

Default Need DEAFENING LOUD smoke detector

On 2011-08-19, bob haller wrote:
a friends son sleeps so soundly he wouldnt be woke up by a smoke
detectors alarm..does anyone sell one that would wake the dead?

Sears used to make an AC powered smoke detector that could not only
wake the dead, but make 'em sit up and cover their ears in pain!

My ex BIL had one mounted in the bedrooms hallway and it once went off
while I was in said hallway. I damn near had a heart attack, it was
so loud. Literally knocked me back against the wall. It had to be
mounted within 10 ft of an AC outlet or hardwired into house wiring.

nb