Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Wells Fargo sucks again

You can not change the address of a payee. You have to delete it and
re enter it.

Lame Lame Lame

It says....To change your payee name or address you must delete the
current payee and add a new payee with the new information.

Lame Lame Lame

http://imageshack.us/f/405/0023mv.jpg/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote the following:
You can not change the address of a payee. You have to delete it and
re enter it.

Lame Lame Lame

It says....To change your payee name or address you must delete the
current payee and add a new payee with the new information.

Lame Lame Lame

http://imageshack.us/f/405/0023mv.jpg/

Besides the fact that WF is going to charge you for using your debit card.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/...nk-fees-to-co/

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:55:18 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

You can not change the address of a payee. You have to delete it and
re enter it.

Lame Lame Lame

It says....To change your payee name or address you must delete the
current payee and add a new payee with the new information.

Lame Lame Lame

http://imageshack.us/f/405/0023mv.jpg/

I had a question about my account. When you call the bank, they want
your account number. I get that. Even if I am logged into the bank
web site there is only one place I can get my account number. It is
by opening a pdf of my old statements. I do not use Adobe bloat ware
to view PDF files. I also don't like Adobe because it seems like I
have to update it every time I turn on my computer. Anyway, my PDF
viewer works fine, but is not compatible with WF.

I asked the girl if there was a way to get my account number without
having to go to my paper records. She says that they don't include
the account number online even though I have to furnish my un/pw to
get it. It is for my protection.

So I ask her................so...........even though I am logged into
my account I can not get my account number, but if some guy is hacking
my account that does use Adobe crap he can get my account number. She
chuckled but said yes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Rather than continually complaining about WF, why don't you move to
another bank that will treat you better?
I've been with a small local bank for more tha 20 years and have never
had a problem with them.
Citibank recently lost my electronic payment and my bank gladly gave me
all transfer info to send to Citi.
They even followed up with a phone call to see if it got straightened
out. Can't beat that.
I'll never go with a big bank as long as there is small local
banks/credit unions to choose from, never!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Agree, but the typical deal with small banks is that they are started by
investors with the intention to be bought out. So you set up your
accounts and a few years later they are owned by megabank.

And at least in my area the credit unions still follow the belong to
something model (you need to work at a certain place etc). The one in
our area that is open to anyone is twenty miles away.

I've been with a small local bank for more tha 20 years and have never
had a problem with them.
Citibank recently lost my electronic payment and my bank gladly gave me
all transfer info to send to Citi.
They even followed up with a phone call to see if it got straightened
out. Can't beat that.
I'll never go with a big bank as long as there is small local
banks/credit unions to choose from, never!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-08-17, Metspitzer wrote:

Lame Lame Lame

Geez, buddy! WF has been the number one suck bank of all time since
1970. Where you been?

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-08-17, Metspitzer wrote:

Lame Lame Lame

Geez, buddy! *WF has been the number one suck bank of all time since
1970. *Where you been?

nb

Yep. They'll nickel and dime you for them to use your money. They
bought out two local banks I used. Moved somewhere else both times.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-08-17, Metspitzer wrote:

Lame Lame Lame

Geez, buddy! WF has been the number one suck bank of all time since
1970. Where you been?

Got to be really bad compared to Chase (who charged my account fifty-cents
to convert a $20 bill to two rolls of quarters).

Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote in
m:

Metspitzer wrote the following:
You can not change the address of a payee. You have to delete it and
re enter it.

Lame Lame Lame

It says....To change your payee name or address you must delete the
current payee and add a new payee with the new information.

Lame Lame Lame

http://imageshack.us/f/405/0023mv.jpg/

Besides the fact that WF is going to charge you for using your debit
card.
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/...t-card-charge-
a-sign-of-more-bank-fees-to-co/

And the Yahoo story on this yesterday.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Wells-...350611214.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-08-18, HeyBub wrote:

Got to be really bad compared to Chase (who charged my account fifty-cents
to convert a $20 bill to two rolls of quarters).

Howzabout BofA, who charged me $2 to close out my savings acct with
$10 in it. Many years later, with about $10K in BofA, I tried to
withdraw $2.5K to buy a used car. They told me I'd needed the bank
manager's signature of approval!! I walked out of BofA, that day,
with $10K cash in my pocket.

How bad is WF? So bad, the introduction interview put me off to the
point I've never ever opened a WF acct or even entered one again since
1970. That's bad!

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-08-18, HeyBub wrote:

Got to be really bad compared to Chase (who charged my account fifty-cents
to convert a $20 bill to two rolls of quarters).

Howzabout BofA, who charged me $2 to close out my savings acct with
$10 in it. Many years later, with about $10K in BofA, I tried to
withdraw $2.5K to buy a used car. They told me I'd needed the bank
manager's signature of approval!! I walked out of BofA, that day,
with $10K cash in my pocket.

How bad is WF? So bad, the introduction interview put me off to the
point I've never ever opened a WF acct or even entered one again since
1970. That's bad!

nb

That happened to me just this month at my local BoA where I have my
checking and savings accts. I presented one of my own checks for $1,300
in cash.
It turns out that the young female teller was brand new and was not
allowed to cash checks over $1,000 without a supervisor's approval, so I
had to wait for approval.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote in
:

On 2011-08-18, HeyBub wrote:

Got to be really bad compared to Chase (who charged my account
fifty-cents to convert a $20 bill to two rolls of quarters).

Howzabout BofA, who charged me $2 to close out my savings acct with
$10 in it.

Should have left it with the two bucks in it. Let them keep it on their
books till the end of time. Make sure all notices are via US mail eating up
postage, 1099's via US mail, etc.

Many years later, with about $10K in BofA, I tried to
withdraw $2.5K to buy a used car. They told me I'd needed the bank
manager's signature of approval!! I walked out of BofA, that day,
with $10K cash in my pocket.

How bad is WF? So bad, the introduction interview put me off to the
point I've never ever opened a WF acct or even entered one again since
1970. That's bad!

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-08-18, willshak wrote:

That happened to me just this month at my local BoA where I have my
checking and savings accts. I presented one of my own checks for $1,300
in cash.

BTDT. To make it even more aggravating, the check I was trying to
cash was a payroll check issued by BofA! Another time, I got a small
car loan and went to cash it. Again, a ration of crap, despite the
loan check being issued by BofA. The asshole actually had the
audacity to ask me, "How do I know this check is yours?"

Another bank, Bank of the West, is another bunch of assholes. When I
moved from CA to CO, I was told by numerous banks that ATM cards just
don't work at point-of-purchase. So, thinking it was an individual
bank thing, I went to Bank of the West, which I knew had branches in
CA. I was told by the new accts lady that she'd been in the banking
business fer 25 yrs and NO bank, ANYWHERE!, had ever issued ATM cards
that could withdraw money from any other bank's or private ATM
machines and work at P-of-P!! I just got up and walked out. FYI,
turns out all of CO is actually this way. ATM cards (not debit) are
pretty much useless, here, and are only good for withdrawing funds
from your own local bank's ATM machine.

A festering pox on all the sonsabitches!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2011 9:11 AM, Red Green wrote:
wrote in
:

On 2011-08-18, wrote:

Got to be really bad compared to Chase (who charged my account
fifty-cents to convert a $20 bill to two rolls of quarters).

Howzabout BofA, who charged me $2 to close out my savings acct with
$10 in it.

Should have left it with the two bucks in it. Let them keep it on their
books till the end of time. Make sure all notices are via US mail eating up
postage, 1099's via US mail, etc.

At least in my state that would be two years. Then if you don't respond
they are required to send it to the state. Its still yours but you need
to claim it. Same is true for uncashed checks etc.

Or they could simply eat it with fees. I used a local bank that was
purchased by wachovia. There was ~ $60 in an account after I used the
money to buy something and I forgot about it. A year later they sent a
statement showing how it was now zero because of minimum balance fees.

Many years later, with about $10K in BofA, I tried to
withdraw $2.5K to buy a used car. They told me I'd needed the bank
manager's signature of approval!! I walked out of BofA, that day,
with $10K cash in my pocket.

How bad is WF? So bad, the introduction interview put me off to the
point I've never ever opened a WF acct or even entered one again since
1970. That's bad!

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , George
wrote:

Or they could simply eat it with fees. I used a local bank that was
purchased by wachovia. There was ~ $60 in an account after I used the
money to buy something and I forgot about it. A year later they sent a
statement showing how it was now zero because of minimum balance fees.

I abandoned an HSA a couple of years ago and the fees ate not only the
small remaining balance, but I ended up owing them about $50. I went
into the bank and told them politely that they were out of their minds
if they thought I was going to pay them a service fee for an abandoned
account. I've dealt with many bad banks over the years, but this was one
of the worst, and surprisingly so since it was one of those small local
institutions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

notbob wrote the following:
On 2011-08-18, HeyBub wrote:

[...]

Heh! One of my customers had his wife embarrassed because they refused to
cash his check made out to her.

He goes down to the bank, drops a $250,000 CD on the counter and says: "Cash
it."

"You'll lose the interest!" they cried.

"How much could there be after one week. I hate you. I'm going to put my
money elsewhere. Cash it!"

"Sorry you feel that way. We'll make you a cashier's check right away," said
the VP at the bank.

"No checks!" my customer replied. "You don't take my check, I don't take
yours. I want cash!"

"Uh, I don't think we have that much cash in the bank..." stammered the VP.

"Hey, I don't give a **** about that. You're a branch of Bank of America.
Get on the 'phone and get an armored car full of money over here."

"We don't do business that way," replied an indignant bank employee.

"You will now," said my customer. "If I don't have my money in thirty
minutes, I'm calling the Comptroller of the Currency, the FDIC, the state
banking commissioner, the rat inspector, the TV stations, and everybody else
I can think of."

I think after he calmed down he settled for a wire transfer. But it became
legend - him stamping around the lobby yelling "Why won't you give me my
money?!!"

I also think he sent them a $100,000 fire truck as a parting gift.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/18/2011 7:43 PM, ktos wrote:
What a cry baby!!

Don't you think a bank is pretty clueless to recommend deleting a payee?
Exactly how would he retrieve historical information from the bank for
the deleted payee? Wouldn't a competent bank have a mechanism to change
the address of a payee like the rest of the business world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Red Green wrote:

It seems we could save a lot of human filtering time by only posting the
days Wells Fargo doesn't suck.

I call that the Microsoft Effect, for obvious reasons. WHich reminds me:
"The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck,
is the day they start making vacuum-cleaners."