Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT Wells Fargo sucks again

On 8/18/2011 9:11 AM, Red Green wrote:
wrote in
:

On 2011-08-18, wrote:

Got to be really bad compared to Chase (who charged my account
fifty-cents to convert a $20 bill to two rolls of quarters).

Howzabout BofA, who charged me $2 to close out my savings acct with
$10 in it.

Should have left it with the two bucks in it. Let them keep it on their
books till the end of time. Make sure all notices are via US mail eating up
postage, 1099's via US mail, etc.

At least in my state that would be two years. Then if you don't respond
they are required to send it to the state. Its still yours but you need
to claim it. Same is true for uncashed checks etc.

Or they could simply eat it with fees. I used a local bank that was
purchased by wachovia. There was ~ $60 in an account after I used the
money to buy something and I forgot about it. A year later they sent a
statement showing how it was now zero because of minimum balance fees.

Many years later, with about $10K in BofA, I tried to
withdraw $2.5K to buy a used car. They told me I'd needed the bank
manager's signature of approval!! I walked out of BofA, that day,
with $10K cash in my pocket.

How bad is WF? So bad, the introduction interview put me off to the
point I've never ever opened a WF acct or even entered one again since
1970. That's bad!

nb