Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Giant TV screens - now Fast & Furious follies

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:28:18 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message

Have you been keeping up with Fast and Furious?! Talk about lies.

If the scandal breaks -- Watergate is a drop in the bucket.

Fecal matter is flying in DC. POTUS and AG Holder are trying to duck
for cover. And nobody say they didn't know. It was funded...

It's amazing how such a bad idea got so much traction. The key to the
coverup is all the lateral transfers. In the FedGov, a lateral transfer
means "you keep (a) job and your pension as long as you keep your mouth
shut." Sometimes it even means a "no work" job like Linda Tripp, the woman
who recorded Monica Lewinsky got when that story broke. We'll see. The
families will be paid off if they agree to shut up, trails will grow cold,
people will retire, and people will forget is my bet. It's not anywhere
near the impact that Waco had with burning children and weeks of bizarre
public theater. That was SO OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!

And yet now we have this, proving that lessons learned barely span a
generation. I'll bet you could analyze the past, computer a "forget" factor
and predict what will happen next. I've lived long enough to see we don't
learn from the past.

Honestly, a lot of these secret ops don't get high approval for the very
reason you might suspect: they know they'll never get it. What's that old
line? "Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission." It's along the
lines of "did Rupert Murdoch know about the phone funny business?" Ever see
"Soylent Green" when the governor says: "I CAN'T know any more about this"
and walks away from an aide giving him bad news. Somebody with a lot of
juice got a bright idea and no one wanted to "not be on board." Happens
wherever groups of people meet. (-:

The latest in business is HP. It's literally flopping around like a fish
out of water, changing CEOs, abandoning previously core parts of their
business. They had to take Meg Whitman because no one else wanted the job.
Many never even returned the phone calls, the journals say.

Higher ups can be as blind as field operatives are optimistic. I don't see
a big conspiracy - yet. I see a stove-piped para-military organization
that's lost its way and is struggling for a "big win" but gambled and lost.
Again.

It will be interesting to see where the chips in F&F finally fall out.
Getting agents killed is a big driving force. It should never happen. In
reality, it happens all the time. We just don't hear about it. But it's
not Waco. No babies died. Makes a big difference to Jane EnquirerReader.

I'm not about conspiracy in F&F (gun control / Democratic votes).. I
would not even compare this with Waco.

"Jay Tea" sums it a little better.

"...Just going on the indisputable facts, officials in several
branches of the Obama administration were complicit in a scheme that
broke American laws, Mexican laws, international laws and treaties,
and constituted an actual, honest-to-God act of war against a
sovereign and allied nation."

Just sayin'.

Giant Pumpkin harry Home Repair 9 May 12th 10 07:09 PM
AT&T: A Giant miserable beast Rudy M. Home Ownership 1 January 12th 10 05:45 PM
Little Giant ladders The Dave© Home Repair 14 November 15th 05 05:57 AM
Little Giant Ladder Me Just Wondering Home Ownership 6 August 15th 05 03:58 AM
"Little Giant" Ladders ? Robert11 Home Repair 9 October 25th 04 01:10 PM