Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Me Just Wondering

Default Little Giant Ladder

Anyone own one of these ladders? They seem pretty cool. I see the
infomerical on TV all the time but wanted to know if they are what they
seem to be. Everything looks good on TV.

Looks like I can buy them he
http://www.littlegiantladdersource.com/

or here
http://littlegiant.bigdealsnetwork.com

Thanks in advance!

On 11 Jul 2005 10:42:37 -0700, someone wrote:

We have one, used for commerical maintenance purposes. Actually now
that I think of it, I beleive we have two - one large one in central
maintenance, and another smaller one that is kept at one of our sites.
I think they are great. I borrow the big one for use around the house
too. As always there are imitators or knockoffs or substitutes
(depending on your point of view).

You will probably hear from someone recommending a different ladder
for less money. That is your decision, but we are very satisfied with
the Little Giant brand ones.

They are quite rugged. I can tell you that the one that makes a
free-standing 11 foot stepladder, is rather heavy. I think twice
before carrying it any distance and I don't think my wife, who is very
small, could even pick it up.

Me Just Wondering

I have seen the ones in Lowes and Home Depot. Seems like people who
have tried both those and the Little Giant say that the Little Giant
Ladder is much better. I guess that's why those are the "knockoffs".

Thanks for your help!

Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
Me Just Wondering wrote:
Anyone own one of these ladders? They seem pretty cool. I see the
infomerical on TV all the time but wanted to know if they are what they
seem to be. Everything looks good on TV.

Looks like I can buy them he
http://www.littlegiantladdersource.com/

I have a similar one (don't feel like going out in the rain to see who
made it) that I got at Home Depot for a LOT less than the price shown on
that web site.

Works fine and stores in a relatively small space. I have the one with
4 4' sectyions. HD also had one with 4 3' sections.

John Galbreath Jr.

I have had one for years. I cleaned chimneys with it daily from 1979 to
1986. Then as the "house ladder" after that. If I ever need another
ladder, that is the only one I will buy. I have always thought of it as an
insurance policy where I am the beneficiary.

"Me Just Wondering" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone own one of these ladders? They seem pretty cool. I see the
infomerical on TV all the time but wanted to know if they are what they
seem to be. Everything looks good on TV.

Looks like I can buy them he
http://www.littlegiantladdersource.com/

or here
http://littlegiant.bigdealsnetwork.com

Thanks in advance!

TKM

"Me Just Wondering" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone own one of these ladders? They seem pretty cool. I see the
infomerical on TV all the time but wanted to know if they are what they
seem to be. Everything looks good on TV.

Looks like I can buy them he
http://www.littlegiantladdersource.com/

or here
http://littlegiant.bigdealsnetwork.com

Thanks in advance!

They are as advertised. I bought the Model 1A-17 last November through
Amazon.com and later added the Work Platform (actually, 2 of them). It's
built like a fine tool and adjusts easily. It replaced two old extension
ladders and a beyond-hope step ladder from which I had fallen once too
often.

While a bit heavy and certainly premium priced, I didn't think the similar
designs at HD (don't remember the name) were built as well.

In retirement, I've given up the roof and tall-ladder work, so the Little
Giant is fine for everything I need to do. My main decision was whether to
buy the Type 1A (35#) or Type 1 (32#). Since you can't easily see or try
them beforehand because of the way they are sold, that's a problem.

TKM

On 11 Jul 2005 10:42:37 -0700, "Me Just Wondering"
wrote:

Anyone own one of these ladders? They seem pretty cool. I see the
infomerical on TV all the time but wanted to know if they are what they
seem to be. Everything looks good on TV.

Looks like I can buy them he
http://www.littlegiantladdersource.com/

or here
http://littlegiant.bigdealsnetwork.com

Thanks in advance!

I bought one at a home show a couple of yearsd ago. I love it.

I bought it because it really is versatile and the damn thing did not
wobble even with the pitchman one one side and me on the other (I
weigh 250+)

I bought their heaviest grade, cost a fair amount but I don't regret
it as it is solid as a rock and it works and you can't ask for a whole
lot more./

Jim P.

Niote; I do not work for them, sell theiir products or get any sort
of commision.