Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lots homes in London UK will need to be repaired as the country turnsinto a ****-hole

Wow.

I knew the UK was turning into a ****-hole, but I can't believe how fast
it's happening.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...-iconi-007.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...-up-riot-video

==================
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/au...fforts-attacks

London firefighters stretched to breaking point by riot blazes

Rioters attack at least three fire engine crews as large fires cause
tens of millions of pounds worth of damage

The resources of London's firefighters were stretched to breaking point
on Monday night by a series of large blazes causing tens of millions of
pounds worth of damage. Rioters attacked at least three fire engine
crews trying to tackle some of the incidents.

Croydon in south London was the site of some of the worst incidents,
with fire crews also attending incidents in Hackney, Lewisham, Newham
and Southwark, according to London Fire Brigade. The fires involved
commercial and residential buildings, cars and rubbish bins.

One of the biggest blazes engulfed a family furniture business that had
been based in Croydon for more than 120 years. The Reeves furniture shop
was engulfed with flames, with nearby homes evacuated.

Trevor Reeves, one of the owners, said he arrived as looters and
arsonists were leaving the premises. He questioned whether the police
and the fire brigade had the resources to stop the rioters.

"If the police and the fire engines had arrived a few minutes earlier
this might not have happened. This was built in the late 1800s and its
been completely destroyed. Its a business that has been in my family for
five generations. My brother and father are devastated. The authorities
do not have the ability to cope," he told Sky News.

Croydon Central MP Gavin Barwell, who has lived in Croydon all his life,
said he was trying to speak to the home secretary to urgently discuss
resources for the fire brigades and police.

"The Met police and fire brigade need to be given resources from other
parts of the country to make sure that another night of this violence
does not take place," he said.

Firefighters have struggled to reach fires quickly. They have been
forced to wait for police to secure the area before tackling some of the
worst blazes, according to reports. In Peckham, south London, a lingerie
store was set alight on Monday evening at around 7pm, according to
witnesses. By the time the police and fire brigade arrived, nearly 40
minutes later, the building had been gutted and the fire had spread to
neighbouring buildings.

Families living above the shop were evacuated.

On the Pembury estate in Hackney, north London, youths had set a number
of vehicles alight. A white van was ablaze as well as wooden pallettes.

The chairman and leader of the London Fire and Emergency Planning
Authority, Cllr Brian Coleman, praised the professionalism of the
capital's firefighters and condemned reports that some fire crews had
been attacked.

"It is absolutely outrageous though that three of our fire engines came
under attack and had to be taken off the road, making them unavailable
for emergencies. There is simply no excuse for this abhorrent behaviour
which endangers the lives of firefighters and the people they are trying
to protect," he said.

A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said it is working closely with
other emergency services and the police to access the fires that have
been started, with safe access for the public and for our firefighters
of paramount importance.

"Since 6pm this evening we have been receiving very high numbers of
calls to Brigade control, and our control staff are working hard to
manage the incidents being reported as quickly as possible," he said on
Monday night.
=======================

Third night of rioting in London as 6,000 officers on duty

Rioting and looting continued for the third night in London leaving
behind burnt-out cars and buildings.

Deputy mayor Kit Malthouse said 6,000 officers were on duty and 450
people were arrested. He said 44 officers were injured, four seriously.

Disorder was reported from Croydon, Clapham, Hackney, Camden, Lewisham,
Peckham, Newham, East Ham, Enfield, Woolwich, Ealing and Colliers Wood.

The Met said Monday was "the worst" disorder in "current memory".

The MPS responded with the largest policing operation of the three
nights to date.

A statement from the force said: "Last night was the worst the MPS
(Metropolitan Police Service) has seen in current memory for
unacceptable levels of widespread looting, fires and disorder.

"A significant number of arrests were made, well over 200 overnight - in
excess of 450 over the three nights, leading to all MPS cells being full
and prisoners being taken to surrounding forces.

"Over the last 24-hour period we have taken almost 400% more 999 calls
than normal (5,400 emergency 999 calls normally compared to almost
20,800)."

London Fire Brigade said fires had spread "almost pan-London" and it
faced its "busiest night in recent history".

Its 999 control centre answered 2,169 calls between 18:00 BST on Monday
and 07:19 BST on Tuesday.

London Ambulance Service said it took 22 people to hospital and many
others were treated at the scene.

Director of operations Richard Webber said "missiles were thrown at our
vehicles and crews were threatened and intimidated while trying to care
for people".

Birmingham, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol and the Medway towns also saw
violence.
'Terrible night'

Mr Malthouse said the Met was looking to bolster its numbers from
neighbouring forces and currently had a mobile unit of 1,700 officers.

Three people were arrested in the early hours of Tuesday on suspicion of
attempted murder after a police officer was injured by a car in Brent,
north west London, while trying to stop suspected looters.

In total 69 people have been charged and two people have been cautioned
over the riots.

The prime minister is chairing the government's emergency meeting of
Cobra while the Mayor of London Boris Johnson is expected to return from
his holiday later.

Mr Malthouse said: "I don't think we can pretend anything other than it
was an overwhelming evening, and that the police were incredibly
stretched.

"We had 44 who have reported injured this morning, four seriously.
Stores on fire in Woolwich Several businesses in Woolwich were targeted

"It looks like we're going to have an allegation of attempted murder on
one particular police officer so it was a very serious night and a very
stretching night and I have to say I feel for all those people who have
woken up this morning to see the charred remains of their businesses,
perhaps their homes and who've suffered in London.

"It's really been a terrible night."

The Met's Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stephen Kavanagh said leave and
training of all police officers had been cancelled and there would be an
"unprecedented" number of officers on duty tonight.

He said it was "a shocking and appalling morning for London to wake up
to" and he was struck by the "sheer scale and speed with which the
attacks took place across London" overnight.

There has been a "change" in the make-up of the rioters with "older
groups in cars doing organised looting" rather than 14 to 17 year olds,
he added.

More armoured vehicles, known as Jankels, which were used for the first
time in Ealing and Clapham since riots broke out on Saturday, will be on
the roads.
'Fires pan-London'

Home Secretary Theresa May said police were able to cope with the
disturbance.

"What robust policing means is doing what we saw them doing overnight,
which is dealing with the disorder on the streets, but then following
that through - looking at the CCTV footage."

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Bernie Higgins, from London Fire Brigade,
said: "We've dealt with a number of serious fires, simultaneously
throughout the night across London.

"So it's not been contained to one part, it's been spread almost
pan-London, which has obviously given us a challenge in terms of
managing our resources."

Map of London riots:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...ts2_mon464.jpg

Clean up call

On Monday rioting and looting spread across Hackney, Peckham, Croydon,
Ealing and to parts of east and north London.

Up to 300 people targeted businesses in Mare Street and missiles were
hurled at officers. In Peckham, about 500 rioters went on a rampage.
Officers in Hackney The Met said Monday's disorder was the worst in its
current memory

In Croydon, several cars and buildings were set alight, including a 150
year-old furniture store which was completely gutted. A 26-year-old is
in a serious condition after being shot.

A Sony warehouse in Solar way, Enfield, was set on fire and shops and
cars were smashed and set alight in Ealing.

A Twitter group - riot cleanup - has been set up urging local residents
to help clean up their local businesses and areas which were ravaged by
rioters.

Dan Thomson, who set up the group, said people had begun to clear away
debris in Peckham, Hackney, Westbourne Grove and groups were gathering
"with dust pans" in Camden and Chalk farm.

The trouble followed two nights of violence over the weekend which
started after police shot a man dead in Tottenham.

A peaceful protest in Tottenham on Saturday over the fatal shooting by
police of Mark Duggan, 29, was followed by violence which spread into
Sunday.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote in :

Wow.

I knew the UK was turning into a ****-hole, but I can't believe how
fast it's happening.

snip

Harry:

This is good news for us. This entire NG is on it's way over as it appears
there is lots of work over there.

Do you have duct tape and tie wraps there or do I need to reserve some
cargo space in a ships hold?

Cheers!
Red...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote in :

Wow.

I knew the UK was turning into a ****-hole, but I can't believe how
fast it's happening.

snip

Harry:

This is good news for us. This entire NG is on it's way over as it appears
there is lots of work over there.

Do you have duct tape and tie wraps there or do I need to reserve some
cargo space in a ships hold?

Cheers!

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"harryagain" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote in :

Wow.

I knew the UK was turning into a ****-hole, but I can't believe how
fast it's happening.

snip

Harry:

This is good news for us. This entire NG is on it's way over as it
appears there is lots of work over there.

Do you have duct tape and tie wraps there or do I need to reserve
some cargo space in a ships hold?

Cheers!

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

OK, I'll travel in the cargo hold along with the duct tape. Thanks for
the tip!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
"harryagain" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote in :

Wow.

I knew the UK was turning into a ****-hole, but I can't believe how
fast it's happening.

snip

Harry:

This is good news for us. This entire NG is on it's way over as it
appears there is lots of work over there.

Do you have duct tape and tie wraps there or do I need to reserve
some cargo space in a ships hold?

Cheers!

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

OK, I'll travel in the cargo hold along with the duct tape. Thanks for
the tip!

You need to destroy all your documents and claim to come from Iraq to be
sure of getting in! :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 20:48:11 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"harryagain" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Home Guy wrote in :

Wow.

I knew the UK was turning into a ****-hole, but I can't believe how
fast it's happening.

snip

Harry:

This is good news for us. This entire NG is on it's way over as it
appears there is lots of work over there.

Do you have duct tape and tie wraps there or do I need to reserve
some cargo space in a ships hold?

Cheers!

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

OK, I'll travel in the cargo hold along with the duct tape. Thanks for
the tip!

You need to destroy all your documents and claim to come from Iraq to be
sure of getting in! :-)

You live in a strange land. Police don't use water cannons, tear gas
or tasers as I can see. Not sure they even have batons.

Rumor is police are now considering rubber bullets on the riot crowds.
That confuses me, since police don't have guns.

Holding cell housing capacity has maxed out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

OK, I'll travel in the cargo hold along with the duct tape. Thanks for
the tip!

You need to destroy all your documents and claim to come from Iraq to be
sure of getting in! :-)

You live in a strange land. Police don't use water cannons, tear gas
or tasers as I can see. Not sure they even have batons.

Rumor is police are now considering rubber bullets on the riot crowds.
That confuses me, since police don't have guns.

Holding cell housing capacity has maxed out.

We have all these things. Considered as last resort.
Time to get them out I think.

I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 22:40:01 +0100, "harryagain"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

OK, I'll travel in the cargo hold along with the duct tape. Thanks for
the tip!

You need to destroy all your documents and claim to come from Iraq to be
sure of getting in! :-)

You live in a strange land. Police don't use water cannons, tear gas
or tasers as I can see. Not sure they even have batons.

Rumor is police are now considering rubber bullets on the riot crowds.
That confuses me, since police don't have guns.

Holding cell housing capacity has maxed out.

We have all these things. Considered as last resort.

Non-Lethal weapons are a first resort. All of the above should be
issued. But.... knowing you guys -- ya'll will tickle them too death.

Time to get them out I think.

I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

Shake your magic eight ball. Many here know what a riot is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/09/11 05:40 pm, harryagain wrote:

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

OK, I'll travel in the cargo hold along with the duct tape. Thanks for
the tip!

You need to destroy all your documents and claim to come from Iraq to be
sure of getting in! :-)

You live in a strange land. Police don't use water cannons, tear gas
or tasers as I can see. Not sure they even have batons.

Rumor is police are now considering rubber bullets on the riot crowds.
That confuses me, since police don't have guns.

Holding cell housing capacity has maxed out.

We have all these things. Considered as last resort.
Time to get them out I think.

I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

It may be the price to pay for policies that deprive many people
(especially young people) of employment opportunities, and at the same
time remove the social and economic safety nets,

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Nothing scares the PTB more than roving groups of young healthy horny
unemployed males (who still think they are immortal) with time on their
hands. Doubt there are many married guys out there. They are more scared
of SWMBO than they are of the law.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

Nothing scares the PTB more than roving groups of young healthy
horny unemployed males (who still think they are immortal) with
time on their hands. Doubt there are many married guys out there.

I wonder how many of them are young muslim men - who can't find a job
because no employer wants to put up with the expense of a dedicated
prayer room, and the hit to productivity and general nonesense because
they have to pray 5 times a day.

There's only so many conveinence-store and taxi-cab jobs to go around...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

You only get a job here if you're an illegal immigrant. Heh Heh.

OK, I'll travel in the cargo hold along with the duct tape. Thanks for
the tip!

You need to destroy all your documents and claim to come from Iraq to be
sure of getting in! :-)

You live in a strange land. Police don't use water cannons, tear gas
or tasers as I can see. Not sure they even have batons.

Rumor is police are now considering rubber bullets on the riot crowds.
That confuses me, since police don't have guns.

Holding cell housing capacity has maxed out.

We have all these things. Considered as last resort.
Time to get them out I think.

I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

It couldn't happen to any real extent in the US. The US police don't go
around asking the rioters to please stop looting and burning like your
UK police do, and the US shop and home owners are well armed and have
the right to use those arms in defense of their shops, homes and selves.
The "youbs" with "petrol bombs" and bricks wouldn't stand a chance
sandwiched between armed police and armed civilian adults.
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

On 08/09/11 05:40 pm, harryagain wrote:

It may be the price to pay for policies that deprive many people
(especially young people) of employment opportunities, and at the same
time remove the social and economic safety nets,

Gosh, Sounds just like what's happened in Damascus, Cairo, etc.

Nothing scares the PTB more than roving groups of young healthy horny
unemployed males (who still think they are immortal) with time on their
hands. Doubt there are many married guys out there. They are more scared
of SWMBO than they are of the law.

Unlike the Arab spring, this terrifies the press, so they support the
establishment. If we were talking about an Arab country they'd be
urging intervention to support the rioters, like they do in Libya.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
aemeijers wrote:

Nothing scares the PTB more than roving groups of young healthy
horny unemployed males (who still think they are immortal) with
time on their hands. Doubt there are many married guys out there.

I wonder how many of them are young muslim men - who can't find a job
because no employer wants to put up with the expense of a dedicated
prayer room, and the hit to productivity and general nonesense because
they have to pray 5 times a day.

There's only so many conveinence-store and taxi-cab jobs to go around...

They are mostly black youths. Muslims seem to be the targets, they run many
shops and small grocery stores.
Being black they are less intelligent hence less qualified and find it
harder to get a job these days.
They also have this "gangsa" culture. We don't have many shootings here but
when we do it's generally black shooting black. Most crime is blacks as
well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in message
om...

wrote:

[...]

But they will have guns too. You will have shoot outs between desperate
people and the National Guard.
I think we have had four deaths so far. You will have hundreds.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harryagain wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
om...

wrote:

[...]

But they will have guns too.

Most "youbs" here do not have guns, you generally have to be 21 to have
a handgun here, 18 for long guns. The type of disaffected "youb"
involved in these riots is quite unlikely to have a firearm. I'm sure
some criminal gang members might get involved in such riots, but they
can't shoot straight anyway and wouldn't stand a chance against police
or armed civilian adults.

You will have shoot outs between desperate
people and the National Guard.

Quite unlikely.

I think we have had four deaths so far. You will have hundreds.

Sounds about right since the US is many times the size of the UK (Texas
alone is 3.5x the size of the UK). Dead rioting "youbs" are just fine
with me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harryagain wrote:

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
aemeijers wrote:

[...]

Er, well, it's not really a race thing, it's a culture and education
thing. Certainly there is a correlation with race, but correlation does
not equal causation.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." used improper usenet message composition style by
unnecessarily full-quoting many previous posts:

Sounds about right since the US is many times the size of the UK
(Texas alone is 3.5x the size of the UK).

You've got that backwards.

The population of Texas is about 25 million. The population of the UK
is 61 million.

The US has about 5 times (not "many" times) the population of the UK.

And don't be a full-quoter. Learn how to edit your posts so you don't
drag the entire thread into your reply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In pictures: London riots spread to cities across England

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14471098

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-control.html

===========
David Cameron today gave the go ahead for police to use water cannons on
rioters after children as young as nine looted stores and made off with
bottles of wine and Vodka in fresh violence that flared around the UK
yesterday.

The children wore tracksuits and unlike hardened older thugs they
innocently disregarded covering their faces as they ran through the
shattered glass of supermarkets to fill their pockets with looted goods.

But today, the police were given the green light to use water cannons
with 24 hours notice. Prime Minister David Cameron said that plans had
been put in place to deal with the disorder using water cannons - the
first time they have been used in the UK.

The comments were seen as u-turn on what Home Secretary Theresa May said
earlier this week when she ruled out the use of water cannons. The
'softly softly' approach has been shelved and police will finally be
given the backing to come down hard on offenders.

'Police are already authorised to use baton rounds and we agreed at
Cobra that, while they are not currently needed, we now have in place
contingency plans for water cannons to be available at 24 hours'
notice,' Cameron said in a speech outside Downing Street this morning.
===========

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...74_470x728.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...14_472x730.jpg
Too young to drink: A youngster barely over 10 years old clutches a
bottle of wine looted from a Sainsbury's Local store in Manchester city
centre, and right, one of his friends runs away from the same shop with
three bottles of strong Vodka

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...-5_964x788.jpg
Primary school age: Two youngsters pull the hoods from their baggy
sweaters over their heads as they stand outside the looted store. The
child who stole a bottle of wine is seen behind them returning with a
bottle of coke

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...41_964x697.jpg
Free for all: Hooded youths spill out of the damaged store in Manchester
after filling their pockets with cigarettes and bottles of alcohol

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...26_470x578.jpg
"Due to the imminent collapse of society, we reget to announce we are
closing at 6pm tonight"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...47_964x663.jpg
Manchester: Hooded looters with arm fulls of clothes run from a
Manchester shopping centre
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Home Guy wrote:

But today, the police were given the green light to use water cannons
with 24 hours notice. Prime Minister David Cameron said that plans had
been put in place to deal with the disorder using water cannons - the
first time they have been used in the UK.

24 hours notice before water cannons on RIOTERS. That would almost
cute if large parts of London weren't burning.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 6:55*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article , Home Guy wrote:

But today, the police were given the green light to use water cannons
with 24 hours notice. Prime Minister David Cameron said that plans had
been put in place to deal with the disorder using water cannons - the
first time they have been used in the UK.

* *24 hours notice before water cannons on RIOTERS. That would almost
cute if large parts of London weren't burning.

Water cannon have been in regular use in N. Ireland but not on the
mainland. They will have to be transported here.
It is mostly the result of too much immigration from Africa.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 11:38*am, "Pete C." wrote:
harryagain wrote:

"Home Guy" wrote in ...
aemeijers wrote:

[...]

not equal causation.- Hide quoted text -

Oh? Why not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an...al_comparisons
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:38:56 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote Re Lots homes in London UK will need
to be repaired as the country turns into a ****-hole:

I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

We learned the importance of an armed citizenry is 1776.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Caesar Romano wrote:

I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

And you think that that's going to stop all-out looting and property
destruction in commercial areas?

Any sort of breakdown of civil order in the US will be far worse -
because of guns in the hands of the general public (which includes the
lower classes that already have criminal tendencies and records).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 5:53*pm, Caesar Romano wrote:

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

Most realistic numbers I've read have it at about 25% of the adults in
the United States personally own a gun. With a population of about
320 million the number owning guns is probably closer to 30 million.
The funny thing is that reportedly there are 90 guns for every 100
people. Some people really like guns and it's obvious having two guns
makes someone twice as safe as having one gun, so having an even dozen
should make someone invulnerable. It's basic math.

Owning a gun does not mean anyone else with a gun is automatically
your friend and has the same values and objectives as you do.

Owning a gun does not make anyone safer any more than owning a
computer makes someone more intelligent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:55:55 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

On Aug 10, 5:53*pm, Caesar Romano wrote:

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

Most realistic numbers I've read have it at about 25% of the adults in
the United States personally own a gun. With a population of about
320 million the number owning guns is probably closer to 30 million.
The funny thing is that reportedly there are 90 guns for every 100
people. Some people really like guns and it's obvious having two guns
makes someone twice as safe as having one gun, so having an even dozen
should make someone invulnerable. It's basic math.

....but math has never been your strong suit.

Owning a gun does not mean anyone else with a gun is automatically
your friend and has the same values and objectives as you do.

Not owning one makes you less safe.

Owning a gun does not make anyone safer any more than owning a
computer makes someone more intelligent.

Logic isn't your strong suit, either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Caesar Romano wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:38:56 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote Re Lots homes in London UK will need
to be repaired as the country turns into a ****-hole:

I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

And cops won't feel the need to give 24 hours notice before using the
water cannons, or real cannons for that matter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 9:06*pm, "
wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:55:55 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 10, 5:53*pm, Caesar Romano wrote:

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

Most realistic numbers I've read have it at about 25% of the adults in
the United States personally own a gun. *With a population of about
320 million the number owning guns is probably closer to 30 million.
The funny thing is that reportedly there are 90 guns for every 100
people. *Some people really like guns and it's obvious having two guns
makes someone twice as safe as having one gun, so having an even dozen
should make someone invulnerable. *It's basic math.

...but math has never been your strong suit.

Opinions vary. For example, my opinion on someone who posts on
average just shy of 700 posts a month is that that person doesn't have
enough meaningful stuff happening in their life.

Owning a gun does not mean anyone else with a gun is automatically
your friend and has the same values and objectives as you do.

Not owning one makes you less safe.

I would take my chances without a gun against you with one. I get
first go - deal?

Owning a gun does not make anyone safer any more than owning a
computer makes someone more intelligent.

Logic isn't your strong suit, either.

I aspire to emulate your dazzling displays of logic. I'll try to up
my posting quantity by an order of magnitude and see if that helps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 19:25:26 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour wrote:

On Aug 10, 9:06*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Obvioulsy, math and logic aren't your strong suites. Add psychology to the
list.

Owning a gun does not mean anyone else with a gun is automatically
your friend and has the same values and objectives as you do.

Not owning one makes you less safe.

I would take my chances without a gun against you with one. I get
first go - deal?

A Usenet braggart. Whatta man!

Owning a gun does not make anyone safer any more than owning a
computer makes someone more intelligent.

Logic isn't your strong suit, either.

I aspire to emulate your dazzling displays of logic.

You're obviously not capable.

I'll try to up my posting quantity by an order of magnitude and see if that helps.

Please no! The Usenet is dumb enough without you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

Owning a gun does not mean anyone else with a gun is
automatically your friend and has the same values
and objectives as you do.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ore/facts.html

Owning a gun means that you have something that is more likely to be
stolen.

Not owning one makes you less safe.

Unless it's your own gun that's used against you, or you shoot yourself
by accident, or the gun malfunctions when you use it, or your kids shoot
you or shoot each other because they find and start playing with your
gun, or you use your gun against someone else because you're drunk or
stoned.

============
Number of federal safety standards that apply to

- the manufacture of teddy bears: 4
- the manufacture of firearms: 0
============

In the entire landscape of consumer products, no product has a less
useful function while at the same time having such a high inherent or
designed capability to cause propery dammage, personal injury or death
as the gun.

============
Percentage of Americans who agree that "companies that manufacture guns
with no hunting or sporting purpose should be held financially
responsible when these guns injure or kill people": 45
============

Just as the case when you own a car, gun owners should be required by
law to take out liability insurance as a requirement to license and own
a gun. Insurance companies would or could require that you state if you
keep guns in your house, and adjust your insurance premiums accordingly
to take into account the increased risk of injury claims that your gun
poses to the insurance company.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 3:10*pm, Home Guy wrote:
Caesar Romano wrote:
I think you will have the same in the US shortly.
People over there are watching this..

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

And you think that that's going to stop all-out looting and property
destruction in commercial areas?

Any sort of breakdown of civil order in the US will be far worse -
because of guns in the hands of the general public (which includes the
lower classes that already have criminal tendencies and records).

The actual results of the 1992 LA riots seem to differ from your
prediction

(btw LA riots came after the 1980's decade of the cocaine driven gang
wars)

An amazing thing...... stores protected by Asian owners with firearms
didn't burn.

Go figure.

Death toll in 1992 LA riots ~50

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 5:55*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 10, 5:53*pm, Caesar Romano wrote:

It will likely play out differently in the U.S. as very many (90
million??) law abiding citizens are armed.

Most realistic numbers I've read have it at about 25% of the adults in
the United States personally own a gun. *With a population of about
320 million the number owning guns is probably closer to 30 million.
The funny thing is that reportedly there are 90 guns for every 100
people. *Some people really like guns and it's obvious having two guns
makes someone twice as safe as having one gun, so having an even dozen
should make someone invulnerable. *It's basic math.

Owning a gun does not mean anyone else with a gun is automatically
your friend and has the same values and objectives as you do.

Owning a gun does not make anyone safer any more than owning a
computer makes someone more intelligent.

R-

I truly do like you a lot but you're just misinformed on this issue

Owning a gun does not make anyone safer any more than owning a

computer makes someone more intelligent.

bad analogy

........owning gun a gun does not make anyone safer any more than
owning a
fire extinguisher makes someone safer...... oh but it does

in some situations having a gun will make you safer, in others less
safe

If a civil unrest breaks out in your neighborhood which sign on your
front lawn would make you safer

"gun free household"

"armed homeowner"

firearms are amazing fire prevention tools in times of civil unrest

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:

Any sort of breakdown of civil order in the US will be far worse
- because of guns in the hands of the general public (which
includes the lower classes that already have criminal tendencies
and records).

The actual results of the 1992 LA riots seem to differ from your
prediction

Go and read this story and / or watch the video embedded in the story:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/c...127096133.html

(video made public Thursday of the June 18 assault on a SEPTA
bus as it stopped at Seventh Street and Cecil B. Moore Avenue
in North Philadelphia.)

Or try these alternate links:

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/video-captu...ry?id=14242970

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4RbRq0-Lw

Actually, just watch the youtube video. It tells the complete story.

Then tell me how gentle you think the next riots in the US are going to
be.

This story is an example of how a relatively tame event can trigger an
armed response by some upstanding members of your society.

All you gun-nuts in the US - go and tell me that your society is safer
because of the guns you can buy (or steal). If you were on that bus,
and you were carrying (your own gun) - you wouldn't stand a chance
against those 2 niggas and the firepower they had.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 9:53*pm, Home Guy wrote:
" wrote:
Owning a gun does not mean anyone else with a gun is
automatically your friend and has the same values
and objectives as you do.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ore/facts.html

Owning a gun means that you have something that is more likely to be
stolen.

Not owning one makes you less safe.

Unless it's your own gun that's used against you, or you shoot yourself
by accident, or the gun malfunctions when you use it, or your kids shoot
you or shoot each other because they find and start playing with your
gun, or you use your gun against someone else because you're drunk or
stoned.

HG-

check the CDC's website

the situations you mention happen very rarely compared to other causes
of injury or death

review the data before you post nonsense

gun malfunctions? serious?

or you use your gun against someone else because you're drunk or stoned.

projecting?

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:15:41 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote:

If a civil unrest breaks out in your neighborhood which sign on your
front lawn would make you safer

"gun free household"

"armed homeowner"

A good sign is:

"The dog has a gun and refuses to take his medication".

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:

DD_BobK wrote:

[...]

You did notice that nobody was even wounded in the attack? This is
exactly what I said about the criminal gang members who can't shoot
straight. Those of us who are licensed and legally carry guns are
trained and have no problem hitting our target.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 1:15*am, DD_BobK wrote:
[...]

Ditto the warm fuzzies, Bob, but I beg to differ on the misinformed
part. I merely have a different opinion of the facts.

Owning a gun does not make anyone safer any more than owning a

computer makes someone more intelligent.

bad analogy

Why so? Merely owning a gun doesn't mean it will be where someone
needs it to be when they need it, it doesn't mean that they know how
to use a gun in a tense life or death situation, and it doesn't mean
that the good guy shoots straighter than the bad guy.

.......owning gun a gun does not make anyone safer any more than
owning a
fire extinguisher makes someone safer...... oh but it does

If someone grabs your fire extinguisher and turns it on you, you don't
die. But you bring up a valid point. Where do you keep your fire
extinguisher(s)? At the most likely source of a fire, right?
Probably the obvious places - kitchen, garage, by the furnace. Where
do you think you will most likely need a gun? When will you most
likely need it?

If you feel that you should never be without a gun, that you need to
have one on your person at all times, then I suggest that you should
move to a better area. If you feel that you need them in the most
likely places, how many guns do you need?

I live about 12 miles from Manhattan on Long Island. I have never
witnessed a shooting, never heard a shooting, never knew anyone that
had a gun 'incident' where the person pulling the trigger wasn't
already involved with them in some way. The incidents I read about
are, almost without exception, drug related, gang related - both of
those are the miscreants using them on each other - and family/
relationship disputes.

in some situations having a gun will make you safer, in others less
safe

Indeed. The thing I object to the most is the false sense of security
and ridiculously elevated confidence exhibited by some people based on
them merely owning a gun. If your life is Death Wish, and your name
is Charles Bronson, yeah, sure, the gun definitely makes you safer.
Otherwise, for the large majority of potential situations, people are
just fantasizing that they're Charles Bronson and would react in the
same way. Cool, cold, calculating and deadly accurate. A fantasy.

If a civil unrest breaks out in your neighborhood which sign on your
front lawn would make you safer

"gun free household"

"armed homeowner"

You are far more likely to die in a car accident. Do you wear a
helmet and five point seatbelt while driving around?

firearms are amazing fire prevention tools in times of civil unrest

It certainly seems to have done the trick in the Middle East, Somalia,
etc., etc.

BTW, Bob, thanks for telling me you like me before telling me I'm full
of ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:15:41 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:

If a civil unrest breaks out in your neighborhood which sign on your
front lawn would make you safer

"gun free household"

"gun free household, beware of land mines"

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/video-captu...s-shooting/sto...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4RbRq0-Lw

Actually, just watch the youtube video. It tells the complete story.

No YouTube video tells the complete story.

Then tell me how gentle you think the next riots in the US are going to
be.

This story is an example of how a relatively tame event can trigger an
armed response by some upstanding members of your society.

You are a looney tune - with apologies to Looney Tunes. An isolated
incident cannot be extrapolated to a universal in anything other than
a simple mind.

All you gun-nuts in the US - go and tell me that your society is safer
because of the guns you can buy (or steal). If you were on that bus,
and you were carrying (your own gun) - you wouldn't stand a chance
against those 2 niggas and the firepower they had.

You are clueless about the firepower that is in the hands of more
normal people.

Indicting a country based on a fookin' YouTube video of one incident
makes as much sense as portraying every British person as a soccer
hooligan or every Middle Easterner as a terrorist. It's approaching
legendary stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 11, 10:34*am, RicodJour wrote:

If a civil unrest breaks out in your neighborhood which sign on your
front lawn would make you safer

"gun free household"

"armed homeowner"

"House in Foreclosure"