Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Diverter valve

In a bathroom redesign I am looking for a diverter valve which will take
water from temperature and volume control valve and direct it to:
- an upper shower head, or
- a lower shower head, or
- a hand held shower

I would think this would be a four port three way diverter valve. Line
input is 1/2" sweated copper.

I have been unable to find the valve in the on-line resources checked.

Does anyone know if it exists and have a description for purchase?

Thanks

Don
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 19, 9:06*am, Pointer wrote:
In a bathroom redesign I am looking for a diverter valve which will take
water from temperature and volume control valve and direct it to:
- an upper shower head, or
- a lower shower head, or
- a hand held shower

I would think this would be a four port three way diverter valve. *Line
input is 1/2" sweated copper.

I have been unable to find the valve in the on-line resources checked.

Does anyone know if it exists and have a description for purchase?

Thanks

Don

You mean like these:

http://www.faucet.com/decor/search.p...diverter+valve

Google is your friend
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/19/2011 9:10 AM, wrote:
On Jul 19, 9:06 am, wrote:
In a bathroom redesign I am looking for a diverter valve which will take
water from temperature and volume control valve and direct it to:
- an upper shower head, or
- a lower shower head, or
- a hand held shower

I would think this would be a four port three way diverter valve. Line
input is 1/2" sweated copper.

I have been unable to find the valve in the on-line resources checked.

Does anyone know if it exists and have a description for purchase?

Thanks

Don

You mean like these:

http://www.faucet.com/decor/search.p...diverter+valve

Google is your friend

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was looking for a diverter
for a hand held shower. I found, through Google, the list shown
above. But, why are they soooooo expensive. You can buy a whole
faucet cheaper than that. I ended up with an el-cheapo plastic
thing that mounts behind the main shower head. It was only about $3
or $4, so I bought 3 of them for 2 showers .... one for a spare. Of
course, now that I bought the insurance (the spare) they will never
break. Guess I should just put in a 2nd shower valve and hook it up
to the handheld unit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 19, 9:47*am, Art Todesco wrote:
On 7/19/2011 9:10 AM, wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:06 am, *wrote:
[...]

to the handheld unit.- Hide quoted text -

Agree those prices seem a bit steep for what you're looking for.
I'd expect you can find alternates for a lot less. But they have
his 4 port baby for $95 which doesn't sound that bad.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

On 7/19/2011 9:10 AM, wrote:

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was looking for a diverter
for a hand held shower. *I found, through Google, the list shown
above. *But, why are they soooooo expensive. *You can buy a whole
faucet cheaper than that. *I ended up with an el-cheapo plastic
thing that mounts behind the main shower head. *It was only about $3
or $4, so I bought 3 of them for 2 showers .... one for a spare. *Of
course, now that I bought the insurance (the spare) they will never
break. *Guess I should just put in a 2nd shower valve and hook it up
to the handheld unit.- Hide quoted text -

Agree those prices seem a bit steep for what you're looking for.
I'd expect you can find alternates for a lot less. But they have
his 4 port baby for $95 which doesn't sound that bad.

Maybe they're "expensive" because they aren't cheap chinese crap, which
everyone on here always complains about, in between bragging about the
cheap chinese crap they bought at harbor freight that day.

If something retails for $200, then it cost no more than $50 to
manufacture. If materials were $10, then labor was $40. Anyone who
thinks a decent faucet is too spendy at $200 can go try to make one for
$40. Sheesh.