Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Diverter valve

On Jul 19, 9:47*am, Art Todesco wrote:
On 7/19/2011 9:10 AM, wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:06 am, *wrote:
In a bathroom redesign I am looking for a diverter valve which will take
water from temperature and volume control valve and direct it to:
- an upper shower head, or
- a lower shower head, or
- a hand held shower

I would think this would be a four port three way diverter valve. *Line
input is 1/2" sweated copper.

I have been unable to find the valve in the on-line resources checked.

Does anyone know if it exists and have a description for purchase?

Thanks

Don

You mean like these:

http://www.faucet.com/decor/search.p...diverter+valve

Google is your friend

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was looking for a diverter
for a hand held shower. *I found, through Google, the list shown
above. *But, why are they soooooo expensive. *You can buy a whole
faucet cheaper than that. *I ended up with an el-cheapo plastic
thing that mounts behind the main shower head. *It was only about $3
or $4, so I bought 3 of them for 2 showers .... one for a spare. *Of
course, now that I bought the insurance (the spare) they will never
break. *Guess I should just put in a 2nd shower valve and hook it up
to the handheld unit.- Hide quoted text -

Agree those prices seem a bit steep for what you're looking for.
I'd expect you can find alternates for a lot less. But they have
his 4 port baby for $95 which doesn't sound that bad.