Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Diverter valve

In article
,
" wrote:

On Jul 19, 9:47*am, Art Todesco wrote:
On 7/19/2011 9:10 AM, wrote:

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was looking for a diverter
for a hand held shower. *I found, through Google, the list shown
above. *But, why are they soooooo expensive. *You can buy a whole
faucet cheaper than that. *I ended up with an el-cheapo plastic
thing that mounts behind the main shower head. *It was only about $3
or $4, so I bought 3 of them for 2 showers .... one for a spare. *Of
course, now that I bought the insurance (the spare) they will never
break. *Guess I should just put in a 2nd shower valve and hook it up
to the handheld unit.- Hide quoted text -

Agree those prices seem a bit steep for what you're looking for.
I'd expect you can find alternates for a lot less. But they have
his 4 port baby for $95 which doesn't sound that bad.

Maybe they're "expensive" because they aren't cheap chinese crap, which
everyone on here always complains about, in between bragging about the
cheap chinese crap they bought at harbor freight that day.

If something retails for $200, then it cost no more than $50 to
manufacture. If materials were $10, then labor was $40. Anyone who
thinks a decent faucet is too spendy at $200 can go try to make one for
$40. Sheesh.