Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good phillips driver bit

I had a similar experience, with 1/4 hex screws. The Stanley
brand nut setter tips I was using in my cordless drill were
stripping out, and rounding. I would use one or two bits per
job, when I was installing HVAC equipment. I mentioned that
in passing, to my boss. he ws using Malco brand, from the AC
parts house, and they lasted for a long time. He gave me one
of his, and it lasted a long time for me, so I bought
several more Malcos.

As to the phillips tips, I don't know of "good brand".
Perhaps Malco makes screw driver tips?

You could buy a good Klein screw driver, and hacksaw off the
shaft, and clamp that in your drill?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"notbob" wrote in message
I've asked before and got no good answer. Doesn't ANYBODY
make a good
quality hardened phillips driver bit for power drivers for
screwing
phillips head deck, etc, screws? These pieces of crap they
sell for
$.75-1.00 ea on lumberyard checkout counters, where you grab
handfull like promo popcorn cuz they're cheap Chinese ****,
and most
ppl have settled for this absurd scenario. Why!?

I'd gladly pay $5-10 for a single bit that would last longer
than a
hundred screws before it's useless garbage and I gotta reach
for new
one like it was consumable sandpaper. Why do ppl pay
hundreds for
quality power tools then settle for 88 cent table bits!?
It's insane!

nb