Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default What 36" Ridgid pipe wrench to keep, AL vs. Iron

I have two of these 36" Ridgid pipe wrenches:

http://goo.gl/ZOm4N

One is steel and another is aluminum.

I want to keep one and sell another. My question is which one is
better. Aluminum one is a lot lighter, but is it as strong? Or does it
matter?

I am not a plumber, but once in a while I need to turn something that
does not want to turn, like a stuck engine etc. This is my use.