Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about reposting a question

Hello to all. I have posted to this group a few times and have received
excellent advice.

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about concrete repair. No responses
were given. Perhaps it was overlooked, as there were many other
postings. Or, no offense, simply no one chose to respond.

My question is, is it ok to repost a legitimate repair question in this
group?

Thank you.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 11, 4:13*pm, (Bob Rusin) wrote:
Hello to all. I have posted to this group a few times and have received
excellent advice.

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about concrete repair. No responses
were given. Perhaps it was overlooked, as there were many other
postings. Or, no offense, simply no one chose to respond.

My question is, is it ok to repost a legitimate repair question in this
group?

Thank you.

Bob

YES go ahead and repost.

about the time of your no response google groups were totally hosed,
with disappearing posts, tech issues and plain frozen......

that may explain your no response. your original post may have
disappeared entirely...

if you can find your original question just post a quick no reponses
to bump it back up to the top
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote the following:
[...]

The question was:

The approach to my driveway, at the street/curb area, is cracked at one
corner. Three fist sized pieces, in a triangle shape are loose.

Should I try to epoxy the pieces to the street then fill in the cracks
between them, or try and fill the corner with new material?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Bob

He was posting from webtv.net. Some may filter webtv.net

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not sure if there is a formal protocol. That hasn't
bothered me. I'd go ahead and ask the question again.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob Rusin" wrote in message

Hello to all. I have posted to this group a few times and
have received
excellent advice.

A few weeks ago, I posted a question about concrete repair.
No responses
were given. Perhaps it was overlooked, as there were many
other
postings. Or, no offense, simply no one chose to respond.

My question is, is it ok to repost a legitimate repair
question in this
group?

Thank you.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/11/2011 6:05 PM, willshak wrote:
[...]

Okay, I'll play- to answer your original question, I'd try to pull out
the old pieces and refill with new material. Dig out as much loose
material as you can, and try to dig down to solid sub-surface material.
If all you see under it is dirt, put a layer of sand or gravel in
bottom. Corners break off when substrate washes out or compresses, and
it either gets full of water and freezes, or a car drives over an
unsupported edge. Projects like this is what SakCrete and similar premix
products are for. Mix it up pretty stiff in a bucket or washtub, cram it
in there, and screed it off. As soon as it starts to set a little, use a
broom to put lines in it to match the rest of driveway. If you are
worried about a color match, you can mix in a fistfull of tint from the
tile grout aisle. Otherwise, Mother Nature will make it match in a year
or three.

Hey, you have pretty much nothing to lose but an hour's work- SakCrete
is cheap. If it works, it works, if not, no big loss. And it will be a
lot cheaper than epoxy. It may work well enough to tide you over until
city repaves street, replaces curbs, and gives everyone a new matching
driveway entrance.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:

Sure, go ahead. There are only 9 questions on a.h.r. anyway, and we
just keep recycling them. Three of them are about fixing lawnmowers,
air conditioners, and toilets, and one of them is about WD-40.

WD-40 was not developed for a question, but as a water displacement
(anti-rust) formula - this is that the "WD" stands for.

There are many better products out there more suitable for the topic of a
question, such as liquid wrench or tri-flo.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:

Sure, go ahead. There are only 9 questions on a.h.r. anyway, and we
just keep recycling them. Three of them are about fixing lawnmowers,
air conditioners, and toilets, and one of them is about WD-40.

WD-40 was not developed for a question, but as a water displacement
(anti-rust) formula - this is that the "WD" stands for.

There are many better products out there more suitable for the topic of a
question, such as liquid wrench or tri-flo.

Jon

I don't care who you are, that right there is some funny ****. Thanks,
Jon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dont forget tankless water heaters and K&T wiring