Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 4P handset crimper

anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a
living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug
crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any
drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big
box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with
metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the
expensive professional crimpers. Take a look:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cctglh

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote: > anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper? > > http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7 > > Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the expensive professional crimpers. Take a look: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cctglh TDD

shipping costs is pretty high.....

I've not seen this plastic tool in stores in my area (new orleans area)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/11/2011 3:43 AM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a
living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug
crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any
drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big
box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with
metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the
expensive professional crimpers. Take a look:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cctglh

TDD

shipping costs is pretty high.....

I've not seen this plastic tool in stores in my area (new orleans area)

I've seen them in discount stores on the electrical goods aisle. Any
hardware store, electronics distributor, electrical supply house should
stock the darn things.

Home Depot, a little high price

http://preview.tinyurl.com/65pzz2v

Lowe's, very high price

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cd8brs

Sears has a number of different priced crimp tools

http://preview.tinyurl.com/5rjy42f

Sears also has the $2.49 crimp tool

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...8702P?prdNo=10

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dilbert firestorm" wrote in message
anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Radio Shack? That is where I bought one. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/11/2011 09:33 AM, WW wrote:
"dilbert wrote in message
anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Radio Shack? That is where I bought one. WW

I went to all those places, Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Radio
shack, none of them had them in stock.

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a
living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug
crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any
drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big
box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with
metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the
expensive professional crimpers. Take a look:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cctglh

TDD

thanx for the link. I made a purchase in spite of its high shipping.

Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/11/2011 10:04 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a
living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug
crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any
drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big
box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with
metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the
expensive professional crimpers. Take a look:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cctglh

TDD

thanx for the link. I made a purchase in spite of its high shipping.

Too late now, but Harbor Freight usually has them. Can't speak to the
quality, but for only doing a few, durability probably isn't a major
concern. I need so few cables these days that I usually just buy
premade- my eyes don't see those itty-bitty wires so well any more.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, July 11, 2011 8:28:23 PM UTC-7, aemeijers wrote:
[...]

did that 4p4c issue get resolved?