Posted to alt.home.repair
dilbert firestorm dilbert firestorm is offline

Default 4P handset crimper

On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote: > anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper? > > http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7 > > Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the expensive professional crimpers. Take a look: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cctglh TDD

shipping costs is pretty high.....

I've not seen this plastic tool in stores in my area (new orleans area)