Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default 4P handset crimper

On 7/11/2011 10:04 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
On 7/10/2011 9:28 PM, dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone know if this is good or a better alternate crimper?

http://www.icables.com/products/Crim...ector%29.html7

Unless you are out to make a lot of phone cords or do telecom work for a
living, you shouldn't have to spend a lot of money for a modular plug
crimp tool. You can find an inexpensive plastic tool at just about any
drug store, dry goods, hardware, grocery, variety retail store or big
box store. The better tool is usually glass reinforced plastic with
metal blades and will last you for years. I own several along with the
expensive professional crimpers. Take a look:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/6cctglh

TDD

thanx for the link. I made a purchase in spite of its high shipping.

Too late now, but Harbor Freight usually has them. Can't speak to the
quality, but for only doing a few, durability probably isn't a major
concern. I need so few cables these days that I usually just buy
premade- my eyes don't see those itty-bitty wires so well any more.

--
aem sends...