Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Underground electrical lines

I want to grow a large Hibiscus hedge about 6' in front of my back yard
fence.

My concern is the city has buried electrical lines just in front of this
fence.

Does anyone know if the roots from large shrubs could do any damage to these
buried lines?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 1:10*pm, "Kentucky Cardinal" Kentucky
wrote:
I want to grow a large Hibiscus hedge about 6' in front of my back yard
fence.

My concern is the city has buried electrical lines just in front of this
fence.

Does anyone know if the roots from large shrubs could do any damage to these
buried lines?

Thanks

I would call your city and ask.

I assume the plants will be small when planted? Thats good you really
want to avoid digging around live power lines.

Locally one call will mark the lines location to avoid issues
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote

Great, another easement question. According to HeyBub, you could dig,
plant
the shrubs, claim insanity & blame the nursery for not telling you.

Why stop with the nursery? Wouldn't the manufacturer of the shovel share
liability? I don't recall seeing a shovel with a warning label saying
not to use it to plant hibiscus near an underground utility easement.

If the shovel was made in China, would the roots go straight down?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2011 2:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote

Great, another easement question. According to HeyBub, you could dig,
plant
the shrubs, claim insanity & blame the nursery for not telling you.

Why stop with the nursery? Wouldn't the manufacturer of the shovel share
liability? I don't recall seeing a shovel with a warning label saying
not to use it to plant hibiscus near an underground utility easement.

If the shovel was made in China, would the roots go straight down?

It would be sold to you by someone who used to make them but now works
at the big box mart.