Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Witching underground lines

I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried lines. I've
done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done, probably just
because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or other
witching techniques?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 16:19:57 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried lines. I've
done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done, probably just
because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or other
witching techniques?

Steve

If you actually believe you can do anything besides random chance with
those bent rods you should go here..

http://www.randi.org/

and take the challenge and make an easy million dollars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried lines.
I've
done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done, probably
just
because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or other
witching techniques?

Steve

If you actually believe you can do anything besides random chance with
those bent rods you should go here..

http://www.randi.org/

and take the challenge and make an easy million dollars.

It must be tough to be you. Your reading comprehension sucks bigtime.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 7:19 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried lines. I've
done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done, probably just
because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or other
witching techniques?

Steve

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowse

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've done it.

As I said before, we own a very up to date electronic locator and
radioactive? beacon. When and if it gives mixed or questionable
readings, I get out the wires. I'm not sure I believe in it
myself, but when the wires cross and we dig we usually do find the
line.

Doubt away! It sure doesn't cost a dime to try it. Try it on
your own water line or UGE, the worst thing that happens is that
it doesn't work.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Steve B" wrote in message
I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried
lines. I've done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day
any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done,
probably just because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires?
Or other witching techniques?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried
lines. I've done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day
any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done,
probably just because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or
other witching techniques?

Steve

If you actually believe you can do anything besides random chance with
those bent rods you should go here..

http://www.randi.org/

and take the challenge and make an easy million dollars.

I have seen it done. It's not Voodoo. As long as the user knows what
they are doing and there is a current in that line, it will work. Frankly I
thought the supervisor from the gas company was crazy when he brought out
the two bent welding rods. I had a gas leak and they could not find the
curb shut off. (big leak) The first tech to show up was a nice young man,
but he could not find it. The supervisor, an older guy like me got his
electronic box out, but the battery was dead, so he got the rods. He was
able to pick up the magnetic current acting on the rods and follow the line
(they put a line with a low current through it with the plastic gas lines
around here.) In any case he walked down the line and found the buried shut
off. He explained it all to me after the younger guy left. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

I've seen it done and I've done it myself.

It is all in the person.

They either have the ability or they don't.

It can't be learned.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"buffalobill" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 7, 7:19 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried lines.
I've
done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done, probably
just
because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or
other
witching techniques?

Steve

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowse

sigh ............

another reading comprehension impaired contestant ............

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 7:19 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried lines.
I've
done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done, probably
just
because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or
other
witching techniques?

Steve

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dowse

sigh ............

another reading comprehension impaired contestant ............

Steve- Hide quoted text -

I do it. I don't trust it. I have witched both new wells, existing
water lines, septic tank drain fields. I tell them that I don't trust
it and they will have to dig to tell if I am accurate. Almost
everything was in the only logical place for it or had other obvious
indicators. Without knowing _where_ another witcher had indicated for
drilling a new well, I ran the rods and marked the same spot. I also
traced a water line from a community well to an old school house for
1/4 mile. Only problem was when we dug on the school house end, the
water line came in 180 degrees away from where the rods said and
digging a cross trench where the rods said the line was turned up zip.

There have been no successful finds under controlled, scientific
conditions. Randi's offer is still unclaimed.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

sigh ............

another reading comprehension impaired contestant ............

Um...someone's reading comprehension is impaired because you bring up a
topic and they present a link to the Wikipedia article on this very same
topic? How does an appropriate link suggest a comprehension problem?

It doesn't speak highly of your position if all you can muster is name
calling. Obviously it means you are unable to provide us with any facts.
At least the others are providing some interesting anecdotes, whether
scientifically defensible or not. It beats name calling.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, wrote:
I've seen it done and I've done it myself.

It is all in the person.

They either have the ability or they don't.

It can't be learned.

Fine -- go claim Jim Randi's prize.
http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 10:04 pm, Steve Kraus
wrote:
sigh ............

another reading comprehension impaired contestant ............

Um...someone's reading comprehension is impaired because you bring up a
topic and they present a link to the Wikipedia article on this very same
topic? How does an appropriate link suggest a comprehension problem?

It doesn't speak highly of your position if all you can muster is name
calling. Obviously it means you are unable to provide us with any facts.
At least the others are providing some interesting anecdotes, whether
scientifically defensible or not. It beats name calling.

Thanks. That needed to be said and one more entry from him on the
same line would have drawn a much harsher reply from me.

Harry K

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
I have used bent wires held loosely in my hands to find buried lines.
I've done it many many times. I'd do it on a bet any day any where.

There seems to be some here who don't believe it can be done,
probably just because they haven't seen it first hand.

Has anyone here ever seen someone locate a line with bent wires? Or
other witching techniques?

No, but I have seen the results of crop circles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

:-)

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

I'm trying to understand this. If you have a gas leak, do you really want to
inject an electrical current down the gas line and why would a bended wire
be necessary as oppose to a straight wire?

The gas line is something like 5' below ground and the wire is something
like 3' above ground giving you a distance of something 8' between the gas
line and the wire. The current along the pipe is small, assuming in the
milliamp range, and electric gradient is even much smaller and may not be
able to be measured by instruments. You walk along the path at a slow speed
and try to interrupt the electric gradient and this current induced is even
much smaller than the electric gradient from the pipe. Looks to me that this
induced current from the bended wire is so small, if any, that ESP is more
applicable than physics. And how would you distinguish, electrically that
is, the leaking valve form any part of the pipe? If someone is this
sensitive to electric gradients I would think he would go crazy when he/she
is near a TV, microwave and how would you give MRI or EKG to this person?

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Steve B, Witcher wrote:
Yes. Witch my underground temporary power line today.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...es-201408-.htm

Doubling up underground cable. [email protected] UK diy 43 January 2nd 07 01:40 PM
From chalk lines to roof lines--Putting final shingles at the top [email protected] Home Repair 14 September 27th 06 01:23 AM
underground gas pipe tonyb UK diy 4 November 4th 05 07:21 PM
Underground power to the shop bremen68 Woodworking 7 July 8th 05 05:26 PM
Need help with underground pipe leak. Noel Home Repair 1 January 9th 05 03:57 PM