Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Duplex Tank Bushing Question

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank bushings and why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers and they did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/30/2011 10:23 PM, ROANIN wrote:
What is the difference between these two types of oil tank bushings and why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers and they did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

In the pictures, the second one looks like it's galvanized and the first
doesn't look like it's galvanized.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank bushings and why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers and they did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

What, now you want me to read the descriptions for you? No wonder I
never get my own work done. The first one is 3-way. It has 2 top
connections and *one* tapped hole in the bottom. The second one is
4-way. It has two top connections and *two* tapped holes in the bottom.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2011 4:10 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank bushings and why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers and they did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

What, now you want me to read the descriptions for you? No wonder I
never get my own work done. The first one is 3-way. It has 2 top
connections and *one* tapped hole in the bottom. The second one is
4-way. It has two top connections and *two* tapped holes in the bottom.

You don't see much if any oil heating systems here in Alabamastan so my
experience is very limited. I remember playing around with an oil burner
my dad got for some project on the farm. Upon reading the descriptions
of the bushings, I'm guessing the "pass-thru" feature of
the bushings is to allow a line to be slipped all the way through the
bushing so it extends toward the bottom of a tank. Is that what the
feature is for?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank bushings and
why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers and they
did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

What, now you want me to read the descriptions for you? No wonder I
never get my own work done. The first one is 3-way. It has 2 top
connections and *one* tapped hole in the bottom. The second one is
4-way. It has two top connections and *two* tapped holes in the bottom.

No Kidding, I can figure out that much, why would one be used over the
other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

[...]

I have no idea. You're the one who wants a duplex tank bushing. How
many gadgets to you want to attach to it?

I guess I should have know that I would not get any usefull
information from you. Just for the record, one of the holes is for
the suction line and the other is for the return line. I just
wondered if anyone here knew the difference between the two and what
applications that they would be used for.

You might not be an idiot, but you talk like one. Nothing you've said
so far makes the least sense. You don't seem to know what you want to
do or how to do it. Is this just a pure theory research project for a
term paper or something? If I needed a tank bushing and knew about
suction and return lines, I'd know whether I needed two tapped holes
in the bottom or only one. I never claimed to know anything about the
topic. Your OP just asked the difference between part A and part B, I
told you the difference, and now you're annoyed? That's some weird
****, Maynard.

Ya know Smitty, your the Idiot. I don't post a lot, only when I have a
legitimate question. You on the other hand seem to answer every post with
some bull**** answer that has nothing to do with any of the many OP's
questions you respond to. No it is not a research project. I am removing a
buried tank and replacing it. I just want to know in what situation you
would use one and what situation you would use another. I am sure either
will work for my application. I was just hoping that someone here might know
this answer. Obviously, it isn't you, because if you re-read the OP you will
discover that I also asked why one would be better than the other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ROANIN" wrote in message

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

:

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank
bushings and why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers
and they did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

FYI if anyone wants to know, the difference is that the bottom of the taps
on the bushings are threaded. The three way has one tap threaded and the
four way has both bottom tapped. This is so that you can put a guide pipe on
the bottom of the bushing for the tubing to slide through to guide them
inside the tank,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Roanin" wrote:

"ROANIN" wrote in message

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

:

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank
bushings and why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers
and they did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

FYI if anyone wants to know, the difference is that the bottom of the taps
on the bushings are threaded. The three way has one tap threaded and the
four way has both bottom tapped. This is so that you can put a guide pipe on
the bottom of the bushing for the tubing to slide through to guide them
inside the tank,

You mean, you've finally figured out what I told you weeks ago, that you
got all bent out of shape about? The word "tapped" means a hole that's
been threaded, so saying one tap is threaded and one isn't makes no damn
sense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Roanin" wrote:

"ROANIN" wrote in message

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

:

[...]

Well I know what the word tapped means, I just wanted to know why they would
sell one tapped and one not. Still, no one including the people who sell
them or manufacture them, can tell me why or in what situation one would be
better to use than the other.