Vic Baron

Default Router bushing question

Haven't had to do any routing that required bushings so I'm not familiar
with the setup. I bought one of those brass bushing sets with an adapter,
several collars and screw rings. I have a Hitachi M12V and a PC 690. I can
see how the bushing installs in the Hitachi but the PC looks a bit unsafe if
I'm following it right. The sub base of the PC has an opening that just
fits the adapter included with the set. The bushing and nut lock onto that.
However, the adapter just sits in the hole with nothing holding it in place.
If I pick the router up and turn it upside down the adapter will fall out
and hang on the bit.

Other than buying another sub base with a 1 3/16" hole I don't feel
comfortable using the PC. I figure I've missed a key step somewhere but
can't see it.

Any thoughts?

Thanx.

Vic

--
Of course, I may be wrong, I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

With some routers, you will need to install the bushing and screw the
ring on, before you put the bit in.

Might also reread the instructions.

ray.

Charley

I think you are missing a couple of screws that hold that adapter in place.
They are usually included with new routers, but frequently get lost if not
kept tight. You should not try to use the router and bushing the way that
you have it now. Find and install screws to hold everything in place first.
The screws will likely be metric so it's best to take the router with you in
your search. If you can find a service center for the router near you they
will know what you need and will likely have them in stock.

--
Charley

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
om...

[...]

NorthIdahoWWer

"Charley" wrote in message
m...
I think you are missing a couple of screws that hold that adapter in

place.

I've been missing a couple screws for YEARS. :-)

Will

Vic Baron

LOL! There were no instructions with the bushings and the router
instructions didn't help. No way to screw the adapter in so it seems that
it's probably an adapter for a different model.

Took the easy way out and ordered a sub base from Pat Warner.

All will be well now.

Thanx!

Vic

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Freud FT2000 Router - Guide Bushing JohnB Woodworking 3 March 24th 05 11:44 AM
Porter Cable Router Purchase Question L Anthony Johnson Woodworking 7 October 15th 04 05:47 PM
Router Question buck Woodworking 11 September 15th 04 01:09 AM
Bushing question from rookie Richard A. Woodworking 10 September 11th 04 07:52 PM
Question about using a router PoP UK diy 6 January 5th 04 01:20 PM