Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Duplex Tank Bushing Question

In article ,
"Roanin" wrote:

"ROANIN" wrote in message

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"ROANIN" wrote:

:

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank
bushings and why
would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers
and they did
not know which I found to be a bit strange.

3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html

or the

4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings

http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html

Thanks,

FYI if anyone wants to know, the difference is that the bottom of the taps
on the bushings are threaded. The three way has one tap threaded and the
four way has both bottom tapped. This is so that you can put a guide pipe on
the bottom of the bushing for the tubing to slide through to guide them
inside the tank,

You mean, you've finally figured out what I told you weeks ago, that you
got all bent out of shape about? The word "tapped" means a hole that's
been threaded, so saying one tap is threaded and one isn't makes no damn
sense.