Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need rebuild or replacement electric motor

Puget Sound area. I have a very old, hot water radiant heat system,
with a B & G motor to circulate the water. The motor is beginning to
fail, shutting down, with a distinctive electric burning odor. I've
been Googling, but getting nowhere. I'm sure these motors still
exist, albeit used. If I can't find one, this could possibly be
rebuilt (I have two of them). Any leads to tracking this item down
would be appreciated. Stats:

Motor:

Wagner Electric Corp/B & G
Type: RB
Frame: 57T
Model: SY2637 K2926
1/6 HP
1725 RPM
Single Phase
60 Cycles
3.1 Amp

Booster: (I have at least one good one)

B & G 189101 - G68
Max water temp 225°
(4 bolts to motor)

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

Grundfos or Taco pumps come in a variety of fittings. The may have
directly a swappable replacement.

"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:41:34 -0700 (PDT), uncle K
wrote:

[...]

Dig around he

http://emerson.com/en-US/productsservices/motor-technologies/Pages/default.aspx

They made a replacement motor when I needed one for the pool pump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

One of the big appeals to Bell and Gossett, they are using
the same design and specs as when the company was founded.
Call some HVAC guys near you, got to be a motor out there.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"uncle K" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2011 3:41 PM, uncle K wrote:
[...]

I have a brand new replacement motor for that series circulator that I
kept as a spare for our old heating system. I just "found" it when I was
looking for something else last weekend.

I am betting that a real plumbing/heating supplier will have one. If not
post a followup and we can work out something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/27/2011 2:41 PM, uncle K wrote:
[...]

Don't you have motor rewind shops in your area? There are several that I
deal with here in town and this is not a huge city.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

A 1/6 h.p. motor isn't worth rebuilding. OP should try Grainger or
similar to find a suitable motor. Unlike many things on the planet,
motors come in standard frame sizes, mounting styles, etc. Should be
easy to find a direct replacement.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/28/2011 1:10 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:

[...]

Duh! The motor rewind shops sell motors too and the guys in city sales
are usually the most knowledgeable around. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 3:41*pm, uncle K wrote:
[...]

@uncle K:

Why on earth would you have the motors on the circ pumps
you have installed now rewound when it would be cheaper
by far to find new pumps of the same ratings and do some
plumbing work to install new flanges and piping to fit them
rather than trying in vein to find a slide-in bolt-on user-serviceable
replacement part...

~~ Evan
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 3:41*pm, uncle K wrote:
[...]

take sample motor to WW Grainger they can likely match a brand new
motor for your needs.
you need a buddy with a business to buy there, and pay cash..

there used to be local motor rebuild shops around here i believe the
last one closed recently.

and do investigate the pump, it might have a bearing failure making it
hard to turn, making the lotor overheat.

finally your very old boiler is likely very inefficent, you should
price a whole new boilerr set up.

posters here routinely report they pay for themselves sometimes in
less that 3 years

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 2:41*pm, uncle K wrote:
[...]

Check for a substitution he http://www.taco-hvac.com/

and he http://www.grundfos.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 27, 3:41*pm, uncle K wrote:
[...]

Can't say I know a lot about hw heating systems but I'm inlcined to
say replace the entire unit with a new one. Pump and motor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
On Jun 27, 3:41 pm, uncle K wrote:
[...]

And check if it has a bad start cap.