Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need rebuild or replacement electric motor

On 6/28/2011 1:10 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:

On 6/27/2011 2:41 PM, uncle K wrote:
Puget Sound area. I have a very old, hot water radiant heat system,
with a B& G motor to circulate the water. The motor is beginning to
fail, shutting down, with a distinctive electric burning odor. I've
been Googling, but getting nowhere. I'm sure these motors still
exist, albeit used. If I can't find one, this could possibly be
rebuilt (I have two of them). Any leads to tracking this item down
would be appreciated. Stats:

Motor:

Wagner Electric Corp/B& G
Type: RB
Frame: 57T
Model: SY2637 K2926
1/6 HP
1725 RPM
Single Phase
60 Cycles
3.1 Amp

Booster: (I have at least one good one)

B& G 189101 - G68
Max water temp 225°
(4 bolts to motor)

Thanks

Don't you have motor rewind shops in your area? There are several that I
deal with here in town and this is not a huge city.

TDD

A 1/6 h.p. motor isn't worth rebuilding. OP should try Grainger or
similar to find a suitable motor. Unlike many things on the planet,
motors come in standard frame sizes, mounting styles, etc. Should be
easy to find a direct replacement.

Duh! The motor rewind shops sell motors too and the guys in city sales
are usually the most knowledgeable around. ^_^

TDD