Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Battery Rebuild / Replacement EB12B Hitachi 12v Cordless Drill

Used to be someone in the group that hung out here that was a 3rd
cousin to a friend of a guy that knew a fella that rebuilt battery
packs for cordless tools. He still here...;-)

My two old trusty Hitachi drill batteries (EB12B, 12v, 2000mAh) ) are
slowly biting the dust with one on life support.... This has been and
still is a great cordless drill and doesn't owe me a dime. Still works
great and I'll hang on to it until it decides enough is enough.

Have any recommendations for a supplier / rebuilder of battery packs
that you know is reputable that you've purchased from in the past?

I've found a lot of places using Google with prices all over the map
but none of the names are familiar.

Thanks for your time,

Bob S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob S. wrote:
Used to be someone in the group that hung out here that was a 3rd
cousin to a friend of a guy that knew a fella that rebuilt battery
packs for cordless tools. He still here...;-)

My two old trusty Hitachi drill batteries (EB12B, 12v, 2000mAh) ) are
slowly biting the dust with one on life support.... This has been and
still is a great cordless drill and doesn't owe me a dime. Still works
great and I'll hang on to it until it decides enough is enough.

Have any recommendations for a supplier / rebuilder of battery packs
that you know is reputable that you've purchased from in the past?

I've found a lot of places using Google with prices all over the map
but none of the names are familiar.

Thanks for your time,

Bob S.

I've use Prime Cell at http://www.primecell.com/
j4
Posted to rec.woodworking

I've use Prime Cell at http://www.primecell.com/
j4

Thanks but they don't carry the model I need.

Bob S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob S. wrote:
I've use Prime Cell at http://www.primecell.com/
j4

Thanks but they don't carry the model I need.

Bob S.

DAGS on "battery rebuild service". Lots of entries. Some here have
used Voltman.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bob S. wrote:
I've use Prime Cell at http://www.primecell.com/
j4

Thanks but they don't carry the model I need.

No, they rebuild your existing pack with higher capacity cells.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 22, 1:26*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Bob S. wrote:
I've use Prime Cell athttp://www.primecell.com/
j4

Thanks but they don't carry the model I need.

No, they rebuild your existing pack with higher capacity cells.

I had very good luck and pricing from Interstate Batteries.

Len
Posted to rec.woodworking

I had my 12v Makita drill batteries rebuilt at Batteries Plus as I felt the
same about them as you do your Hitachi. Great little drill and still going
strong.

You'll have to see if there is one in your area.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SBH" wrote in message
I had my 12v Makita drill batteries rebuilt at Batteries Plus as I
felt the same about them as you do your Hitachi. Great little drill
and still going strong.

You'll have to see if there is one in your area.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/

Thanks. They don't list the EB12B nor do they show any listings for
the Hitachi tools. No stores located nearby either...bummer...

Thanks for the suggestion though. I have found some "new" batteries
here

http://www.batterybank.net:80/digita...20DS13DV2.html

It's called "The Battery Bank" located in Apopka, FL. I'll give them a
call in the morning.

Thank you all,

Bob S.