Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any experience with vinyl floor tiles?

On Jun 19, 10:31*am, HerHusband wrote:
We are starting to remodel my in-laws kitchen and dining area. *They have
chosen a self stick vinyl floor tile they like for the flooring. I will
install whatever they want to use, but my gut feeling tells me those tiles
will be problematic.

I have no experience with self stick vinyl floor tiles, but all those edges
concern me. *I would think if you were sitting in a chair and scooted it
forward or backward that it would catch the edges of the tiles and cause
damage?

Does anyone here have experience with viny tiles currently on the market?

Do you have any problems with the edges being damaged, or tiles coming
loose?

I would like some reassurance my concerns are unwarranted, or some
confirmation that there could be issues with the floor tiles. If they are
problematic, I would like something more than my gut feeling to recommend
they not choose the tiles.

Thanks,

Anthony

Good Gut!

Actually I have not had much trouble keeping them aligned, or even
installing them. They trim fairly easily. But keeping them down and
looking good is another issue.

RonB