Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laying floor tiles over vinyl tiles ?

I have some tiling questions ?
I'm going to lay ceramic/porcelain floor tiles in my small downstairs
cloakroom.
The house was built in the 80's, and the existing floor covering is hard
(brittle) vinyl tiles, with a hard black bitumen like adhesive onto a
concrete floor.
Can I lay the tiles onto the existing vinyl tiles or will I need to strip
the vinyl tiles and adhesive back to the concrete ? If I do this will I need
to prepare the concrete in any way before laying the new tiles ?

Thanks for any help
Tony

Laying vinyl floor over tiles lovezoo UK diy 3 May 1st 07 03:01 PM
concrete floor sealer? to prevent damp before laying vinyl tiles jim Home Repair 10 December 7th 06 07:28 PM
Laying vinyl tiles on a newscreed floor Grumps UK diy 1 March 2nd 06 03:03 PM
Laying vinyl tiles Ben UK diy 0 February 22nd 05 02:46 AM
Laying floor tiles on old lino/vinyl tiles Steve UK diy 4 September 28th 03 08:41 PM