Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can this GE microwave have an outlet above in the cabinet.

I posted a question a few weeks ago about electrical requirements for
a microwave. This question deals more with where to mount the outlet.
I wanted to get a GE Spacemaker II microwave like this:
http://products.geappliances.com/App...&Sku=PEM31SMSS

This microwave has the option to be mounted under a cabinet (see
pictures in the link). However, if the outlet is behind the microwave
you need about 2" space to plug in or take out the cord.
I could install an outlet below or to the side of the microwave to
make the unit sit farther back , but then I would see the cord/plug on
the backsplash.
My question is can I put an outlet in the cabinet above, even though
this microwave was not designed for it like the over the stove
microwave/fan units. On the Spacemaker, the cord comes out from the
back upper right side, whereas most microwave/hood combos has the cord
coming out the top.

installing outlet for under cabinet lights in kitchen Mikepier Home Repair 1 October 7th 07 02:34 AM
microwave on switched outlet? [email protected] Home Repair 8 September 28th 06 01:10 PM
Cabinet too low for Over-The-Range Microwave Kevin Home Repair 7 November 8th 05 02:07 PM
outlet in cabinet mike Home Repair 0 February 28th 05 04:39 AM
Installing Electrical Outlet In Sink Cabinet Matty Home Repair 0 August 27th 03 03:08 PM