Posted to alt.home.repair

Default installing outlet for under cabinet lights in kitchen

I have seen people install outlets inside their cabinets for the
undercabinet lighting. I was wondering if there is anything wrong with
putting the outlet on top of the cabinet on the back wall where nobody
sees it, then run the cord inside the cabinet along the side and out
the bottom.
The reason I ask is because I have 6" space above my cabinets and I
also have rope lighting . It's just easier to have a duplex outlet on
top and divide each plug for a seperate function. One plug for the
undercounter lights and one for rope lighting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mikepier wrote:

I have seen people install outlets inside their cabinets for the
undercabinet lighting. I was wondering if there is anything wrong with
putting the outlet on top of the cabinet on the back wall where nobody
sees it, then run the cord inside the cabinet along the side and out
the bottom.
The reason I ask is because I have 6" space above my cabinets and I
also have rope lighting . It's just easier to have a duplex outlet on
top and divide each plug for a seperate function. One plug for the
undercounter lights and one for rope lighting.

Nothing wrong at all. Frequently if you have a corner cabinet, there's a channel
you can run wiring from the top of the cabinets to the bottom with no cutting
required. A small hole on the top and bottom plate of one cabinet also allows
you to run the cord through the inside instead on the outside.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars