Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Can this GE microwave have an outlet above in the cabinet.

On Jun 10, 6:55*am, The Ghost In The Machine
wrote:
On Jun 10, 6:42*am, Mikepier wrote:

I posted a question a few weeks ago about electrical requirements for
a microwave. This question deals more with where to mount the outlet.
I wanted to get a GE Spacemaker II microwave like this:http://products.geappliances.com/App...r?REQUEST=Spec...

This microwave has the option to be mounted under a cabinet (see
pictures in the link). However, if the outlet is behind the microwave
you need about 2" space to plug in or take out the cord.
I could install an outlet below or to the side of the microwave to
make the unit sit farther back , but then I would see the cord/plug on
the backsplash.
My question is can I put an outlet in the cabinet above, even though
this microwave was not designed for it like the over the stove
microwave/fan units. On the Spacemaker, the cord comes out from the
back upper right side, whereas most microwave/hood combos has the cord
coming out the top.

DON'T START WITH THAT AGAIN, MIKEPEDE.
TGITM

If you don't want to provide any useful input, then don't post a
response at all.