Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Great product for getting perfect caulk joints

On Friday, June 3, 2011 8:37:52 PM UTC-7, willshak wrote:
Rebel1 wrote the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmSQ...eature=related

Seems real easy to use this caulking tape. Anyone have experience with
it? Where can I buy it?

You don't know how to Google cornertape?
Oh, first time poster to this group.
Never mind.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Rebel1 wrote the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmSQ...eature=related

Seems real easy to use this caulking tape. Anyone have experience with
it? Where can I buy it?

You don't know how to Google cornertape?

Do you often write and punctuate statements in the form of a question?

Oh, first time poster to this group.

Wrong again, and not very helpful either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rebel1 wrote the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmSQ...eature=related

Seems real easy to use this caulking tape. Anyone have experience with
it? Where can I buy it?

You don't know how to Google cornertape?

Do you often write and punctuate statements in the form of a question?

Oh, first time poster to this group.

Wrong again, and not very helpful either.

That tape looks like a waste of time and money.

These work great.
http://images.lowes.com/product/conv...72058605lg.jpg

There are a variety of types at HD and Lowes. It's just a rubber
square on a stick. First time I used it the line came out clean and pro
looking. You can get away with using much less caulk too because a very
small line gets worked into the corner where it belongs

Hope that helps

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

JimT wrote:

That tape looks like a waste of time and money.

These work great.
http://images.lowes.com/product/conv...72058605lg.jpg

There are a variety of types at HD and Lowes. It's just a rubber square
on a stick. First time I used it the line came out clean and pro
looking. You can get away with using much less caulk too because a very
small line gets worked into the corner where it belongs

Hope that helps

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the lead. This a smoothing tool used after applying the
caulk. I still see a problem that if you apply a little too much caulk,
the smoothing tool will "snowplow" the excess away from the corner (just
like when I use a wet finger to do the same job) onto the wall or tub
and I'd be left with the chore of scraping/removing it manually. Am I
missing something?

The corner tape doesn't have this problem. Any excess on it is just
lifted off with the tape.

Rebel1
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Rebel1" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

You're right but use less caulk. I try to cut the caulk tube hole as small
as possible. I looked at the other device you found and that is real
similar. It may cut down on the snowblowing because it gives the caulk
somewhere to go.

They are cheap tools to try. If you don't like them try your tape but that
looks like another step to me. It might be good in situations where a very
very clean line is needed but the rubber square works just as well IMO.
YMMV.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim T" wrote in
:

"Rebel1" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

snowblowing

This is different than snowplowing ya know :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2011 10:32 AM, Red Green wrote:
"Jim wrote in
:

wrote in message
JimT wrote:

[...]

I saw that but I thought it would slip by. :-)

No "snow" here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rebel1 wrote the following:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmSQ...eature=related

Seems real easy to use this caulking tape. Anyone have experience with
it? Where can I buy it?
You don't know how to Google cornertape?

Do you often write and punctuate statements in the form of a question?

Oh, first time poster to this group.

Wrong again, and not very helpful either.

That tape looks like a waste of time and money.

These work great.
http://images.lowes.com/product/conv...72058605lg.jpg

There are a variety of types at HD and Lowes. It's just a rubber square
on a stick. First time I used it the line came out clean and pro
looking. You can get away with using much less caulk too because a very
small line gets worked into the corner where it belongs

Hope that helps

Jim

Here's another neat approach. Push the gadget and the excess just rides
over the top.
http://www.homaxproducts.com/product...tructions.html

Lowes sells ofthe homax products, but their webpage doesn't show this
one. HD doesn't show any homax caulking products, but pushing this
device with a steady hand might work.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1&ddkey=Search

R1
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 00:25:00 -0500, JimT wrote:

These work great.
http://images.lowes.com/product/conv...72058605lg.jpg

I agree. I bought the tool on the left only. I was able to do an
acceptable job.

I still get a crack of the TV commercial (for energy savings) where
someone can take a caulk gun and run a bead from one end to the other
without stopping. It is just not as easy as it looks.