Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Great product for getting perfect caulk joints

"Jim T" wrote in
:

"Rebel1" wrote in message
JimT wrote:

That tape looks like a waste of time and money.

These work great.
http://images.lowes.com/product/conv...72058605lg.jpg

There are a variety of types at HD and Lowes. It's just a rubber
square
on a stick. First time I used it the line came out clean and pro
looking. You can get away with using much less caulk too because a
very small line gets worked into the corner where it belongs

Hope that helps

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the lead. This a smoothing tool used after applying the
caulk. I still see a problem that if you apply a little too much
caulk, the smoothing tool will "snowplow" the excess away from the
corner (just like when I use a wet finger to do the same job) onto
the wall or tub and I'd be left with the chore of scraping/removing
it manually. Am I missing something?

The corner tape doesn't have this problem. Any excess on it is just
lifted off with the tape.

Rebel1

You're right but use less caulk. I try to cut the caulk tube hole as
small as possible. I looked at the other device you found and that is
real similar. It may cut down on the snowblowing because it gives the
caulk somewhere to go.

They are cheap tools to try. If you don't like them try your tape but
that looks like another step to me. It might be good in situations
where a very very clean line is needed but the rubber square works
just as well IMO. YMMV.

snowblowing

This is different than snowplowing ya know :-)