Posted to alt.home.repair
Rebel1 Rebel1 is offline

Default Great product for getting perfect caulk joints

JimT wrote:

That tape looks like a waste of time and money.

These work great.
http://images.lowes.com/product/conv...72058605lg.jpg

There are a variety of types at HD and Lowes. It's just a rubber square
on a stick. First time I used it the line came out clean and pro
looking. You can get away with using much less caulk too because a very
small line gets worked into the corner where it belongs

Hope that helps

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the lead. This a smoothing tool used after applying the
caulk. I still see a problem that if you apply a little too much caulk,
the smoothing tool will "snowplow" the excess away from the corner (just
like when I use a wet finger to do the same job) onto the wall or tub
and I'd be left with the chore of scraping/removing it manually. Am I
missing something?

The corner tape doesn't have this problem. Any excess on it is just
lifted off with the tape.

Rebel1